WTF APPLE NAZIS!!!!! Can't delete photos!!!

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by djrobsd, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors 6502a

I was growing to love my ipad.. I have been singing the praises to my friends... But this is absolutely 100% unacceptable to me...

First, I can't copy SELECTED photos to the ipad. I have to sync an entire folder, album, library, or person to ipad... So I thought, ok, no worries I'll just delete the pictures I don't want after I copy them.

SORRY! APPLE SAYS I CANT!

The delete button is not there! You CAN NOT delete photos you copied from itunes to your ipad. You can only delete the photos you saved to the ipad from web sites, but you can not delete photos without using itunes.

This is just absolute and total kaka. Apple needs to fix this ASAP..

And for all the fanboys out there who are going to bash me for this thread, I'm just going to laugh at you.

2. macrumors regular

pansy !

3. macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

it can be fixed with a firmware update, relax!!!!

4. macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Are you nuts?

5. macrumors 68000

Why don't you just create a new pictures folder called "My stupid pictures that I want on my stupid iPad" ... or I guess you could just calll it "iPad". Then sync that with it.

Also....change the name of this thread.

6. macrumors member

Nazi's eh.....

forgot your pills today did ya?:p

7. macrumors 6502a

GamecockMac

Too late, we're already laughing at you for comparing a computer company to the architects of the Holocaust simply because you can't delete a couple of snapshots from your iPad. :rolleyes:

8. macrumors regular

Even if you could delete them it would add them again next time the iPad was synced.

Really don't see the big deal here. As has been said, just make a folder with those pics you want. It's not hard. Infact, it probably would have taken less time and energy than making this thread whingeing about something that Apple won't fix as it's been a part of iPhone OS all along.

9. macrumors 68030

gibbz

Also, shouldn't it be "WTF APPLE NAZIS?????" ? You are asking a question based on the WTF part of the title, right?

Also, I would recommend going to Apple's iPad feedback page to voice your concerns in lieu of going on a web forum and using absurd thread titles. Just my $0.02

10. macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

ditto ditto more and more dittos!!!!!

I love english correct grammer very much!!!!!!!!!

11. macrumors 6502a

Peter Harrison

This hotel I'm in doesn't have hot chocolate... Just tea and coffee.

NAZI HOTEL.

Oh, and calm down. Seriously. Think about what made you so upset. Then google "Nazi". Wikipedia would be good enough.

12. macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

... or create an album with only the pictures you want on the iPad.

Novel concept, eh?

13. macrumors regular

Bigrahizzle

who wouldnt want pics on the ipad. I have 17 Gigs worth of pics and i want em all on there, sync it and forget about!

Thats if ur playing with a 64GB hahahahaha

14. macrumors 65816

master-ceo

I concur. KAKA!

15. macrumors 6502a

I agree with the OP (except the nazi part).

And I also laugh to anyone´s face, who´s trying to apologise for Apple about this.

16. macrumors 6502a

Yeah I never understood this, I mean you can delete movies still I presume (like on the iPhone) but not music or pictures? Wierd why they choose movies but nothing else!

17. macrumors 68000

Probably because most people would only watch a movie on their iPhone/iPad once, and then delete it to free up some space (they are often very big files remember), without having to sync. Whereas pictures that you specifically wanted to sync to your phone/pad aren't usually deleted after being looked at once. Just a guess tho.

18. macrumors 6502a

Thats a reasonable point, however seems daft they don't just add this option to all media anyhow since they have programmed it for movies already.

19. macrumors 68000

Yeah I agree with you. Doesn't seem to make too much sense really.

20. macrumors 68000

People that blindly defend the iPad are amazing.

Seriously...you find it ok to not be able to delete photos? You really think the best way is to resync or to just do it rightnthe first time?

21. macrumors 68000

By the way, the iPhone has the same stupid limitation but kind of like multitasking, it was never a problem on the iPhone as most probably didn't use the iPhone to show off pictures to family and friends. Apple even advertises the iPad as a picture album so they should give you more flexibility than the iPhone.

22. macrumors member

what this guy said, win.

It's silly that common sense never prevails... when you put music on your iPad, do you sync the entire library or just playlists (for the most part, don't get stupid...)?

I have never put my entire library on my iDevices... I have cd's that I like maybe half the songs, and thats the beauty of iTunes. So stop crying about little things and find the fix yourself....

now continue with the OHSOCREATIVETITLES.... they make me happy

edit: as HXGuy stated, things on the iPhone that annoy you may possibly annoy you on the iPad. Why you say, uh, because they have the same damn OS (a few minor tweaks, it is really the 3.1.3, renamed 3.2 for the iPad launch)

23. macrumors 68000

Nobody said it was the best way. I'm sure everyone agrees it's bit of a pain. But the OP worded his post and title so badly that it was hardly going to prompt a positive response from people. All we can do is suggest the best way to get around the problem.

24. macrumors 68000

Ok..so say I sync an album then leave the house to show the photos to my parents, I get there and realize I don't want them to see one of the pictures and by mistake didn't remove it when I synced. What do you propose...turn around and go back home to sync? Let me guess..should have done it right in the first place? Come on, it's ridiculous.

25. macrumors member

You are syncing photos to your iPad that you don't want your parents to see yet you are intending to go see them anyways?

logic fail... your defenses are crumbling like your original stance...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.