WTF are the official Windows 8 bootcamp drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MiamiC70, Jan 15, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

WTF are the official Windows 8 bootcamp drivers?

2. macrumors 6502

What are they or where are they?

3. macrumors regular

I suppose he's asking when they will be available...

:(:confused:

4. macrumors regular

Windows 8 bootcamp drivers available?

I have the same question: is a complete set of Bootcamp drivers for Windows 8 available yet?

5. macrumors 65816

Not to my knowledge. Welcome to Apple' Windows support...

6. macrumors newbie

I would love to know when this gets released as well. I have 2 Mac minis. For one I was able to find drivers elsewhere, but my late 2012 Mac mini still has no Bluetooth support in Windows. This thing is supposed to sit in my living room. I don't want to run wires or buy a new RF keyboard and mouse.

7. macrumors regular

Windows 7 suppport in bootcamp introduced in January 2010.
    Windows 7 released GA in October 2009

so the timing between the release of Windows 8 is pretty the same now...

8. MJL
    macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I like to see the official Windows 8 support too. Seeing the way Apple has been run as of late with the focus on mobile devices I just wonder when and if we'll see them.

9. thread starter macrumors regular

It's January so...

10. macrumors regular

Tomorrow is Feb. 1. Any word of Bootcamp drivers for Windows 8?

11. macrumors regular

Bootcamp Drivers for Windows 8 will probably be released with 10.8.3, which got its 9 beta yesterday. So soon.

12. macrumors member

What leads you to believe that? Just wondering if there's some pattern. Is that when 10.5, 10.6 or 10.7 got bootcamp support, with their .3 release?

13. macrumors member

The installer includes a feature list:

The 10.8.3 update is recommended for all OS X Mountain Lion users and includes features and fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including the following:
    • The ability to redeem iTunes gift cards in the Mac App Store using your Mac's built-in camera
    • Boot Camp support for installing Windows 8
    • Boot Camp support for Macs with a 3TB hard drive
    • A fix for an issue that may cause Logic Pro to become unresponsive when using certain plug-ins
    • A fix for an issue that may cause audio to stutter on 2011 iMacs
    • Includes Safari 6.0.3

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16720628#post16720628

Someone posted this, hope it's true.

14. macrumors newbie

Help! Extremely low sound On Windows 8, on iMac.

So I just bought Windows 8 and installed it(without bootcamp) over my old windows 7 partition(wich was installed with bootcamp). Everything works but now the max volume is so low(even on 100%) that it is almost nonexistent.
    Pluging in my big speakers increases the sound but barely(still not enough to enjoy)...Please anyhelp would be appreciated.
    ___p.s. Is there a solution that does not involve a system restore, because I used up my only Win8 key installing it the first time. Thank You

15. macrumors 601

Icaras

The drivers have just arrived :)

16. macrumors regular

Is there any way to tell if the new BootCamp will use GPT or MBR formatting? I don't want to mess up my 'clean' GPT partition table.

17. macrumors newbie

Are they limited to certain models? On my macbook pro 13" mid 2010 (7.1) apple software update in windows 8 doesn't search for any update and running bootcamp assistant in mountain lion will reserve a message similar to this: "Your macbook support only windows 7" :mad::mad::mad:

18. thread starter macrumors regular

On my LATE 2011 MacBook Air when I do about bootcamp assistant it says version 5.02 (462) so what version is this?

Also, the options it gives:

Create Windows 7 or later version install disk

Download latest Windows supports software from Apple

Remove Windows 7 or later version

NO WHERE DOES IS SAY INSTALL Windows 8?

19. tru7h, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2013

macrumors newbie

Package Link

The drivers (BootCamp 5.0) for

'MacBookAir4,1','MacBookAir4,2','MacBookAir5,1','MacBookAir5,2','MacBookPro6,1','MacBookPro6,2','MacBookPro8,1','MacBookPro8,2','MacBookPro8,3','MacBookPro9,1','MacBookPro9,2','MacBookPro10,1','MacBookPro10,2','MacPro4,1','MacPro5,1','Macmini5,1','Macmini5,2','Macmini5,3','Macmini6,1','Macmini6,2','iMac11,3','iMac12,1','iMac12,2','iMac13,1','iMac13,2',

can be downloaded here:

http://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...mp342kykiix7yg4udoyi1bn011lpq/BootCampESD.pkg

For the iMac13,3: http://swcdn.apple.com/content/down...88hsp99kbaqgh2u3ghmmuv3in1mhq/BootCampESD.pkg

I just used it to install the drivers on Windows 8 running natively via EFI (not BIOS emulation mode). Audio is still not working for my MacBookPro9,2. The BSODs have disappeared.

20. macrumors 65816

Enjoy Apple's way of making your hardware obsolete, for no other reason than them wanting you to buy a new MacBook Pro.

21. macrumors 65816

I just installed the new drivers.

I did this by using the boot camp assistant in mountain lion and having the assistant download the drivers on to a flash drive for me.

Everything is finally back to normal. The boot camp control panel now opens normally. The trackpad seems a little more fluid. When you turn up the volume and brightness you actually get visual feedback like on OS X. Bluetooth now works.

It is not a major improvement by any means (it was already pretty good) but it fixes a lot of little things that were annoying.

22. macrumors 601

Icaras

I'm really quite not sure that. Would suck if it's not :(

Yea, unfortunately. :(:mad:

23. macrumors newbie

After installing the package in os x, is all the drivers then installed in windows, or do i need to copy them to an usb or something and install them in windows 8? And if so, can you tell me where they are located?

Thanks in advance.

24. macrumors newbie

Run the package and install it to a folder in Mac OS. There will be a WindowsSupport.dmg. Open the .dmg. The folder you need to copy to a thumbdrive is "BootCamp." In Windows, run setup.exe program in the BootCamp folder.

25. macrumors 601

Icaras

Hi, just to follow up on your question. I'm reading over the Bootcamp 5 FAQ now and it says your model should indeed be supported.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5628