Wtf....God of War II Review?

Discussion in 'Games' started by sikkinixx, Feb 13, 2007.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

It will be the best game out for the PS3 when it ships. Can't wait to play it, even in 480p.

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That game looks to be fun. If only the PS2 didn't cost $129, I would freaking buy one just for this game and a few others I've wanted to play here at home.

Isn't it generally the average readers that rate the game's higher than the press? :)

<]=)

4. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

This game looks amazing. The first was a ton of fun, and this one looks like it will definitely be better. I really hope they make a God of War III, because this series deserves next-gen hardware.

(As a side note, IGN also reviewed "300" with 5 of 5 stars. March is gonna be a good month for Spartans)

5. ricgnzlzcr macrumors 6502a

ricgnzlzcr

I know that most high profile gaming websites received a copy of God of War 2 already. It isn't the official game since it looks like a burnt cd (browse kotaku.com if you want to find the picture).

I'm sure IGN realizes that they will get more hits on their website if they're the first to release a review.

6. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I saw that review and the game does look fantastic. As good as it was I always thought the first game was way overrated, and it looks like the 2nd is getting the same treatment. But either way, it should be a fun trip. Just hope there are more enemies to fight this time around.

7. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I loved the first one for a while bu by the end of it I was a little bored of them gameplay, since killing guys with the same few combos relentlessly is only so fun for so long.

As a result I am undeicded on if I will buy this one when it comes out....Motorstorm comes out the week before and Oblivion comes out the same day I think (I might give it another go...sold it for my xbox because I got annoyed with this one part :mad:)

8. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Wow 9.7, very good, of course this is coming from people who hated Red Steel, so I'll take it with a grain of salt( As I try to do with Sites that rate games)

9. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

The first one was a pretty good game, did get a bit repetitive but defnitely brought the beat'em up genre back with style. I'm sure the second one will be great. I've heard they've added tons of puzzles and other stuff to break up the monotony of just killing which will be nice.

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

97%... meh

I decided it it got anything between 90-96% or anything over 98% I'd buy it, but 97% :eek: oh well

;) :D

11. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Do it man do it :D
    That's what we did
    Bought a used slimline Ps2 at Gamestop for $109 + $20 for 1 yr replacement warranty, bought a Sony memory card + GoW that day. Bought We Love Katamari (the only Katamari I could find locally) a day later. One week later (this past Friday) bought both a used Guitar Hero + a new Guitar Hero II + guitar.

Ps2 is totally worth owning for $129 and I'm only talking about 4 games here. (5 including GoW2 which I preordered) Wait til I get Okami, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Katamari Damacy (I'll get the first one too), RE4 for the Ps2 extras (even though I beat the Cube one 12 times and unlocked everything), Beatmania, the Ratchet & Clank series, Final Fantasy X (yes I loved X), probably get FFXII. Many many others

Ps2 is a great system even though it's dated. Can't complain about that when there are tons of great games to play. :D

12. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Jaffe doesn't disappoint

[EDIT] btw - you should be able to get a PS2 for $99USD or better.

13. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

Hell no he don't, the man is responsible for all the good Twisted Metal games (1-2 and Black), three of the best Playstation games in the world. :D

Sweet Tooth 4 life :p How can you not love killer clowns driving Ice Cream trucks??
    I probably lost 2-3 years off my life playing Twisted Metal 2 and Black, respectively.

I hope Jaffe makes a Black sequel. Man oh man...

14. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

i'll probably end up picking this game up. i never finished the original, cause of that damn spike room, but it was great.

15. dllavaneras macrumors 68000

dllavaneras

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

All me friends have PS2s, sometimes more than one. :) I just saw a slim for the first time and it was tiny.

Okami is defiantely a game I've want and was why I've been considering a PS2 or 3, but if this story turns out to be true, I'l lbe one happy Wii monkey; :)
    http://wii.ign.com/articles/764/764007p1.html

I want a PS2 mainly for GT4, but would also like to get the Capcom collection and some of the games you mentioned.

I've actualy wanted to get a PS3 so I could run those PS2 games, but the current price (Although fair for what it offers.) and the articles I've encountered about how the PS3 bastardizes PS2 games with excessive jaggedness put me at bay. This has to be a straight forward fix for Sony, if it already hasn't been addressed? But if not, I want a PS2 Slim, but I'm toooo cheap. :eek:

Was $109 refurbished?

<]=)

17. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

jaggies are gone...........next thing to hope for is PS1/PS2 upscaling, but that may be a while.
    they have other "issues" to address.

18. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Thanks. :)

Now I have not reason not to buy a PS3, so will do so when I buy a new TV for the front room later this year.

<]=)

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

JackAxe I hear ya. I'd love a slimline PS2 but for £99 they can swivel. Or at least bundle 5 games and a controller for a system released in 2001.
    I'd just buy one to play my PS1 games with video output that would work on my monitor. And a game like God of War 2 looks like it might be fun, despite the copious amounts of cheese surrounding all the trailers.

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This game was always top for me....this is sony studios at there finest...when they make those games that make you really make you smile. The first game was cool and i'll be picking this up...another good game from sony.

Bless

21. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

No...used @ $109.
    But I bought the 1 yr extended/replacement warranty for $20. (Totaling $129)
    (New Ps2 slims here in the US run $129, I thought about just buying a new one but a) the factory warranty is 90 days (if that) and b) the used one I bought looked new...very very pristine condition, I could almost smell traces of plastic wrap and styrofoam. :)

My brother in law gave me his slim vertical stand the other day; he sold his slim Ps2 a few months back and no stores would buy the stand so he gave it to me as well as a few games.

I'm really digging the slim model...it's neat looking. Almost too tiny for what they pack into it. IMO the PsOne was a model of modern technology...well the Ps2 slim is just reaching ridiculous levels of "how'd they do that". :D

If we ever stop playing it, we'll move it into the bedroom and use it for DVDs if nothing else (but considering the game buying 'catching up' we have to do, I don't see that happening anytime soon. ;))

22. Coded-Dude macrumors 6502a

Coded-Dude

Silver slimline UK PS2 @ $99

You can find them new for 99.99, but you have to look around for the sale, Fry's is a great place to get an 8-10 game bundle for 129.99.