WTF Google, What is this Lag ClusterF!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by yly3, Dec 13, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

So I waited for THE app of the year and I am delivered this laggy piece of **** !
    Zooming feels like Galaxy S2 in maps.
    I used to "brag" to my friend who had the S2 and showed hin everytime how my 4 zoomed in so smooth.

I am on an iPhone 5 on wifi over-here
    It feels like Facebook on its HTML days. Even my old 3gs on 5.1.1 worked better than this.

Yes, I am aware the functionality is better but this Froyo zooming is really spoilong it for me and it makes me use Apple Maps + Localscope.

And i hated apple maps.

2. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

it does feel laggy, but at least it is accurate. I noticed the lag the instant I booted the app up.

3. macrumors 6502a

I assume your referring to Google Maps? Be grateful its even in the app store and FREE.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Do not get me wrong, I pay for my software if it something that is worth but this app is like Shaun Parker said : best college party and you end it at 11.
    I mean, why in 2012 ? I just do not understand

5. macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I'm going to attribute this to hundreds of thousands of people downloading the app and playing with apple maps today.

I'll give it a week and still see if its "laggy"

and even with the lag, it's still better than Apple maps.

6. macrumors 68030

zorinlynx

It's been extraordinarily speedy and awesome for me on my iPhone 5.

What hardware are you folks using who are experiencing lag? I wouldn't be surprised if it were a bit slow on a 3GS or 4.

7. macrumors 603

Woah, wait. You're saying Google Maps isn't perfect? After reading the complaints on here for the past six months I thought Google could do no wrong. I mean I saw a couple of screenshots just after midnight of wrong directions using Google Maps, but I thought it was just Photoshopped. Now I fear Google may not be perfect.

8. macrumors member

teribithia

Yes the google map sometime lag , So I download my city offline maps with Mapv4v5Converter and Global Map Download Tool. :cool::cool: