WTF? Is Apple Messing with My Head? (VPN Strangeness)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kalisphoenix, Nov 1, 2006.

1. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

I just logged onto the school's VPN for the first time. I thought that it might be nice to enable that nifty VPN-on-Demand thing, so I attempted to configure it, but the options window froze while I was trying to add a domain -- I could neither add nor subtract, nor cancel. And then, suddenly:
    [​IMG]

Is this bizarre humor on the part of Apple programmers, or is my connection (and my OS) less secure than I would like?

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Maybe the school blocks unidentified access/connection attempts?

3. kalisphoenix thread starter macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Nope. I have a valid login and password, and even if they had declined the connection, how could they manipulate this window? I don't understand VPN'ing very well (I am losing my VPN cherry at this very moment), so I don't know if there's any way they could trigger a Remote Desktop sort of thing. And if they did, I'd expect LittleSnitch to notify me, and I'd like to kick the app developers in the pants if their security allows such a thing without explicitly notifying me.

And it's not like this school is a bunch of Mac Nazis, anyway. They provided instructions for Windows only, so I wouldn't expect some Mac-using sysadmin to set up a trigger or anything.

I'm quite confused.

4. kalisphoenix thread starter macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix

Someone *really* should have some sort of explanation for this.

5. kalisphoenix thread starter macrumors 65816

kalisphoenix