WTF is THIS MacRumors.com?!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by shadowfax0, Jun 22, 2002.

1. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

If someone would mind explaining this...you people, sometimes...:D :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

What are you talkin about? :confused:
    Where is this from?

3. King Cobra macrumors 603

Glad to see you back on the boards shadowfax! :D

Would you care to explain the purpose of the thread?

4. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey, sorry if I wasn't very clear...this is from the MacRumors.com homepage, FrontPage, i.e. the Microsoft Web page creating app, NOT available for Mac, (and actually glad it isn't, we've got things like Dreamweaver instead thank god) just kind of caught my attention, because why advertize a product that isn't even available for our favourite platform? (I am aware the add was not for just MS Frontpage, but it's the idea here people...)

5. King Cobra macrumors 603

That is rather strange...

Maybe we should make advertisements on the peecee forums (which crash often :D) about iCab, iTunes, and Final Cut Pro. "It's only for the Mac." :cool:

6. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

heh... ill bet arn makes a lotta money off these pc ads.. haha

7. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

it seems a little... Pink for the macrumors i'm used to. im glad i missed it.
    but yea im willing to bet arn makes a bundle, pretty funny tho.

8. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Well, no offense here, but if it helps Arn pay the bills, the who gives a ****! For real man, it is an ad. You don't like it, don't click on it, it isn't the end of the world. Arn got a sponsor on the site that can't even be used on the systems that the people who come to the site use! That is a massive compliment. Think about it for a minute.

9. shadowfax0 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey hey, I'm just saying, I could really care less, I'm glad MRs is getting some cash, keeps them here, and I'm all down with that. It's just one of those idiosyncratic things, that's all. ;)

10. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

Oh, so you thought it was funny? Sorry but the WTF comment made me think that you insulted by it somehow. Sorry for jumping to conclusions.
    B2TM

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I actually went and checked out the link - not a bad deal for site hosting - even with the frontpage crap. They just don't realize what they're doing is all - probably use that banner for a lot of different sites and figured it would work here.

Maybe someone should let them know that it isn't all that appropriate for MacRumors.

D

12. job macrumors 68040

job

What is kind of ironic is that at the Tactical-Ops forums, where there are mostly Wintel users, they advertise for Mac games, i.e. Quake 3 for Mac etc. :rolleyes: