WTF???!!!!! No Rolling Stones???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by e-coli, May 20, 2003.

1. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    ...and no Led Zeppelin????!!!!!

unreal. Has anyone bought anything from the iTunes music store. Anything truly lasting and decent?

I'm serious....curious...
  2. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2001
    Montgomery, AL
    Some solid Dylan bootlegs, and a ton of his studio stuff. Supposedly Jobs is in negotiations with Jagger, Richards, Page, and Plant to gain access to these libraries. You have to remember that the Stones own their own catalog, not a record company. I can only assume the same is true for Zeppelin. Sorry man. I'm holding out too if it makes you feel any better. :)
  3. e-coli thread starter macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    Aaahh...nice call. I didn't know that. But I should have figured as much.

Really in the need for some Beggars Banquet.

Has anyone come to a definitive conclusion as to whether or not iTunes Music Store downloads are a reduced quality version?? (as opposed to buying the CD and converting it to AAC yourself)
  4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

Mar 25, 2002
    London, England
    And good for them, that's why their all LOADED! Mick jagger has been made a Sir, but he hasn't yet paid a visit to the Queen to collect it :eek: apparently it's due to tax reasons, if he is in the country more than XX days per year he'll get slammed with a massive tax bill....not the way to stay rich!
  5. freedom macrumors member

Aug 14, 2001
    Royal Midsommarkransen, Stockholm, Sweden
    RE: WTF No Rolling Stones

Yeah Man!
    That is exactly what I thought when they (the rich old geezers...) cancelled their show in Bangkok last month.
    It seems that they really ARE getting old...
    They officially blamed their cancellation on a mechanical failure on the plane carrying their gear from Bombay. But hey, I think that the old men just wanted to get away from SARS-infected asia...
    Too bad for me and my girlfriend!
    I hope I get another chance on some other tour back in Sweden instead.
    But for now, they suck!
  6. e-coli thread starter macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    please...someone answer...I'l be your best friend. ;)