Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Unfortunately, unless the Hunter has struck lucky, and protected someone due to be killed, I rather suspect that the morning shall grant us the unwelcome sight of a freshly slaughtered corpse. One of our own.

However, it may also yield fresh information.

No, no I was quoting Chrishtopher Columbush...

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Tomorrow was a villager!

Ok, night actions, send me a convo with your scan, kill and protection!

you have until tomorrow 7pm est, but please do it earlier so we can resume the game ;)
One question that I just thought of and can't remember since it has been a long time since the last game I was involved int, and I think it varied even then depending on the game, but if we were to accidentally lynch the hunter or the Seer would we be told that or do we just find out if they are a good guy or a wolf?

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Melrose...:(

Imma miss your crazy, whacky posts!

I'll always think it's a bummer when villagers don't switch votes to protect themselves. I just don't get it.

...why, exactly, do you miss them already, hmmm? I wasn't voted off the island today so unless your sharpening your fangs getting ready for fresh grilled Melrose Legs studded with black peppercorns, you get to put up with me for another day.

IF you do toss me on the grill, no need to baste - when I'm cut I bleed awesome sauce and sriracha so I'm pre-marinated.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
...why, exactly, do you miss them already, hmmm? I wasn't voted off the island today so unless your sharpening your fangs getting ready for fresh grilled Melrose Legs studded with black peppercorns, you get to put up with me for another day.

IF you do toss me on the grill, no need to baste - when I'm cut I bleed awesome sauce and sriracha so I'm pre-marinated.

LOL I meant I missed them!! It seems like it's been forever since we've played and your posts, while I don't understand half of them, always make me smile!

I really suck when I post from my phone. :mad:

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
One question that I just thought of and can't remember since it has been a long time since the last game I was involved int, and I think it varied even then depending on the game, but if we were to accidentally lynch the hunter or the Seer would we be told that or do we just find out if they are a good guy or a wolf?

We just find out if they're a good guy or bad guy.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA

We would just be told it was a villager.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
That was quick.

Since there is no infection, the game is short, and I can protect myself tonight, I will reveal myself as the hunter Plutonius :D.

threat levels:
Yellow-Green Scepticalscribe and mrkramer (also voted for Tomorrow).
Yellow Melrose (was the top vote receiver for awhile and wouldn't change his vote to save himself)
Orange Rick Snagwell, Moyank24, Ravenvii, appleguy123

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
That was quick.

Since there is no infection, the game is short, and I can protect myself tonight, I will reveal myself as the hunter Plutonius :D.

threat levels:
Yellow Melrose (was the top vote receiver for awhile and wouldn't change his vote to save himself)

Of course!

Oy, if you would've have let yourself get voted off....

And orange is good, right? I mean, it's the color of the Knicks?! I prefer blue, though. Next time I want to be blue.

I know you believe that SS is yellow-green (I'm assuming that's the lowest?), but i'd like to ask why? Is it only because she switched her vote from you? The only real thing that struck me during the first day was a lot of her
going back and forth and waiting to see how other votes would fall, once you claimed your innocence.

Everything else seemed to be first day, short game chaos.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I'm about 98% sure Ravenvii is a werewolf.

His post about trusting me and if I were wrong I'm a werewolf is really really suspicious. The logic if wrong on day one/then werewolf doesn't make sense.

Shall we put the Appleguy wolfdar back to the test? ;)

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
I'm about 98% sure Ravenvii is a werewolf.

His post about trusting me and if I were wrong I'm a werewolf is really really suspicious. The logic if wrong on day one/then werewolf doesn't make sense.

Shall we put the Appleguy wolfdar back to the test? ;)

lets do it. ravenii

why am i orange? all i did was vote for moyank...who could be a wolf?

i havent read all the posts as i am on shift till tomorrow. will catch up then.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
That was quick.

threat levels:
Interesting, that was quite short. And I guess my theory that you were either the hunter or a wolf has been confirmed. I was concerned that @Scepticalscribe might be a wolf trying to get me to vote with her when we changed our votes to Tomorrow. But for now I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, although I would like to know why you classified her as yellow-green which I'm assuming is the lowest threat level?

So with that I'm leaning either towards @Melrose or @ravenvii Melrose refusing to change his vote to save himself is somewhat suspicious, but at the same time if he was a wolf why wouldn't he have changed his vote to you, or Appleguy? Even if both Melrose and Appleguy are wolves you were still there as a non wolf with 2 votes so he could have saved himself and taken out a villager. So maybe I've convinced myself not to worry too much about Melrose.

As for Ravenvii as @appleguy123 said post #50 was a bit weird so perhaps he is a wolf. Also Scepticalscribe changing her votes that frequently is suspicious to me, and she voted for @ravenvii first after it was clear that we had more votes for other people and he wasn't too likely to be voted off, so perhaps they are both wolves and it was a cover. So for now I will also vote Ravenvii but as it is early in the day I am open to changing my mind if someone gives me a good reason to vote for someone else.

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
Interesting, that was quite short. And I guess my theory that you were either the hunter or a wolf has been confirmed. I was concerned that @Scepticalscribe might be a wolf trying to get me to vote with her when we changed our votes to Tomorrow. But for now I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, although I would like to know why you classified her as yellow-green which I'm assuming is the lowest threat level?

So with that I'm leaning either towards @Melrose or @ravenvii Melrose refusing to change his vote to save himself is somewhat suspicious, but at the same time if he was a wolf why wouldn't he have changed his vote to you, or Appleguy? Even if both Melrose and Appleguy are wolves you were still there as a non wolf with 2 votes so he could have saved himself and taken out a villager. So maybe I've convinced myself not to worry too much about Melrose.

As for Ravenvii as @appleguy123 said post #50 was a bit weird so perhaps he is a wolf. Also Scepticalscribe changing her votes that frequently is suspicious to me, and she voted for @ravenvii first after it was clear that we had more votes for other people and he wasn't too likely to be voted off, so perhaps they are both wolves and it was a cover. So for now I will also vote Ravenvii but as it is early in the day I am open to changing my mind if someone gives me a good reason to vote for someone else.

I'm normally against this type of bandwagon, but in a short game it could definitely work in our favor. If we're right, we get one down and a bit of information from day 1 voting. If we're wrong, though, we may have targets on our back.

SS is still my first choice, but I'm willing to ride this.

ravenii

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, normally I don't change votes, - and certainly not frequently over the cycle of one day, but I was trying to prod and stir somnolent people into playing, or, more importantly, into posting and offering opinions and thoughts.

The format of those games traditionally allow wolves to coast, and hide under the radar, yet serves to penalise those who participate and post prolifically.

On Day 1, if any WW is caught, it is almost always a lucky shot.

My real concern was to try to ensure that nobody sleepwalked into being lynched, or, rather, that those who were tying for the dubious honour of being lynched at least sought to defend themselves, or were given the opportunity to do so.

When @Plutonius said he was not a WW, I decided to take him at his word; likewise, I felt it would have been unfortunate to vote @appleguy123 off so early without ample reason given that we haven't seen him in an age.

Why does @appleguy123 believe that ravenvii is a WW? You may recall that he was my first choice all of twenty four rather long hours ago.

Alright. I voted for him yesterday, and then switched to one of the three who were on two votes. So, ravenvii, for now.

Oh, and sorry to see @twietee murdered so early.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I think he is a wolf because his post that if a completely random vote from me on day 1 is wrong, then I'm probably a wolf is nonsensical. It's honestly something a wolf would say to discredit me or vote me off today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.