Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Hi guys!

EVERYONE is invited to play.

This is a simple game. No deep story. Just for getting back on the right track.

Basic :

- a couple of bad wolf, a couple of goodly-skilled villagers and a bunch of villagers.

- The villagers need to find the bad wolfs with the help of the goodly-skilled villagers.

that's about it, wanna play ?

EDITED : I'll go with the simplest rules 2 ww, hunter, seer ---- I'll edit again when I'll found the info ;)

EDITED AGAIN !!! The rules :

Thanks Ravenvii!

This thread is for the simple werewolf game. Two werewolves, a hunter and a seer. Great for newbies that don't quite have a grasp on the game yet.

Sign-ups is limited to 11.

RULES:

Werewolves: There will be two werewolves. They will pick one player per night to make a meal out of.

Hunter: The hunter can pick one player to protect per night. S/he cannot protect the same player twice in a row.

Seer: The seer can scan any player during the night, and the player's role will be revealed to the seer.

The villagers win once both the werewolves are lynched. Conversely, the werewolves win once all the villagers are dead.

I will randomly assign roles using random.org.

1. Moyank24 --- WOLK of the game
2. Ravenvii -- Lynched werewolf
3. Plutonius --- BEST HUNTER
4. Scepticalscribe -- Suicidal villager (lynched)
5. mrkramer --- Killed on the last night
6. Rick snagwell -- Lynched villager
7. tomorrow -- Lynched villager
8. twietee -- eaten by the wolves
9. appleguy123 -- eaten by the wolves
10. Melrose -- Lynched villager

Day 1
Night 1
Day 2
Night 2
Day 3
Night 3
Day 4
Night 4
Day 5
THE END

Last edited:
Reactions: Scepticalscribe

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
lol, you say a simple game, then dump all that on us.

Why not, like you said, back to the basics -- that is, 2 WWs, 1 Hunter, 1 Seer & Food, er I mean Villagers?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I've edited the game, so you'll play ?

Great idea, @Sythas, and thanks for suggesting it.

Two WWS? One the Alpha and one a Kamikaze? I assume that if there is sufficient interest, other WWs may be added to that list.

I have nothing against a 'simple' game, but, unless the numbers are kept pretty small (say, around 10-12) sometimes, a tetchy tone tends to creep to the general discourse which can make the experience of participating and playing a lot less pleasant than might have been the case otherwise.

Part of the reason for this has been that too many people had no role other than to be fodder, which gets frustrating after a while, unless the time frame, too, is kept short and tight.

The other thing that has served to make things less pleasant - and undermine the whole collective endeavour of the village - is the demeanour of those players who sign up, yet fail to actively participate in the game. Or, when some of those who do sign up, can't be bothered to vote.

If the numbers are kept limited, and the time frame (schedules and so on) is run tightly, then a simple game can work very well.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I suggest you make a list of the players at the top of the post so we can can quickly see who is playing :D.

Not only who is playing, but also, how many are playing, which will allow the GG to tweak the powers a little if things look as though they might run the risk of becoming a bit unbalanced.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Ok guys!

I can accept 3 more players! Should we start Tuesday or skip a week and start next week because of thanksgiving ?

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
All right. Feel free to include my name among the list of those who wish to start…

Edit: Ooops. Mea culpa: Hadn't spotted that you had amended your original post with an updated list of those who had chosen to play and had thoughtfully already included my name on that list.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Does any need a napkin cause Melrose is here and that means there's AWESOME SAUCE slathered on everything.

Edit: Ooops. Mea culpa: Hadn't spotted that you had amended your original post with an updated list of those who had chosen to play and had thoughtfully already included my name on that list.
So long as you don't vote A Priori we'll be okay.

Sythas

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 22, 2009
Québec, Canada
Ok! I poorly planned this game, so it will start next week on tuesday, so I will not need a 4 days break in the middle of it.

We have 1 last spots to fill.

I will take this time to create a setting and story for the game. So on monday evening (november 30th) I'll send a email to everyone the role you have even if it's a villager.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.