[WW] Quick + Simple - Game Over, Villagers Win

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Comeagain?, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Comeagain?, Apr 24, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012

macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Ok now, I guess I'll take my turn at hosting a [WW] game. :D

Hopefully, we can get a quick game going, and then have a more complicated game when the Evil Mansion game is over.

For this game, I'm not going to have any narratives, as my ability to come up with creative stories is severly lacking... :eek:, and it'll give a few "unnamed users" :rolleyes: a chance to get better at the game. For a good explanation of the game, I like to refer to Firestars post.

I’d like to have 12 players, but if more people want to play, we can add players as needed.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me or ask in the thread. Previous Game Gods, if you have suggestions for me, again, please let me know.

The Players:

1) appleguy123
    2) -aggie-
    3) Scepticalscribe
    4) Koodauw
    5) Sythas
    6) Tomorrow
    7) Queen of Spades
    8) Moyank24
    9) Rick snagwell
    10) Don't panic
    11) Plutonius
    12) Firestar
    13)
    14)
    15)

Here we go!

2. macrumors 603

appleguy123

3. macrumors P6

-aggie-

I approve of the change IN avatar. :)

Now that I'm in, everyone can sign in now. :D

4. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well done, Comeagain? - and thank you for taking up the challenge of running a game, and playing GG.

Although I'm involved in the EM world, the pace in the mansion is rather different; for here and now, I'm in.....

5. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

6. macrumors 6502a

Sythas

I don't want to take anyone's place but I would like to try it! so... i'm in ?

7. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

8. macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

9. macrumors P6

-aggie-

There are no places, and this is definitely a good game for a beginner. Welcome to the carnage.

10. macrumors 601

Moyank24

11. macrumors P6

-aggie-

In honor of the Hunger Games, I propose an alliance with all those living in Texas.:)

12. macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

13. macrumors 601

Moyank24

I'm all for it.

*whispers* but let's not tell anyone else - we don't want them to know why we're ganging up on them. ;)

14. macrumors 601

Don't panic

i am in

can we have the night deadline back at 12 hours instead of 24 (the extra 12 hours are, IMO, a complete waste of time, even 12 hours seem to be on the long side of things, but hopefully they'll coincide with night-time)?

i would also strongly recommend that you re-instate mandatory voting (as in, people who don't vote are 'lost in the woods' and eliminated; an official "no-vote" instead of voting a player is ok).
    everyone keeps complaining (with some reason) about people not participating.

This takes care of it effectively, and has worked very well in the past. I don't know why we want away from it.

15. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

In general, I'm in favour of mandatory voting (even if only to register a 'no-vote'), but, re a deadline of twelve hours, just a reminder that some of us are in different time zones, and different continents, and US time zones - if they are very short - simply won't work for those if us in Europe and further east. Nonetheless, I do recommend that a fairly strict set time limit be set - maybe the GG could bold it - at the end of each day's events as a reminder to all to have their posts/votes registered, or PMs in. Actually, I'd favour a certain mandatory participation, as well.........

If at all possible, something to encourage active 'village' participation would be a good idea, as, in my experience, the most successful teams - either specials or WWs - tend to be those who post least.

Cheers

16. macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I'd really like some kind of solution or compromise on this. I realize Comeagain? is doing a simple game, so if not in this game, we should address it in the next one.

17. thread starter macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

I'd like to move the deadline, but as has been pointed out, we have two people in Europe (probably one in NZ), as well as different time zones within the US. It just isn't practice. I will, however, say that if we reach 24 hours of night, we will move on with the game.

Yes, I'd like to add that. I'll update the first post.

18. macrumors 603

appleguy123

12 hours isn't really fair for Europeans.

19. Plutonius, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

macrumors 601

Plutonius

Lot's of fun people and even Aggie :p are in the game so I'll join :D.

20. macrumors P6

-aggie-

We've discussed this previously (in games before you started playing). It never gets fixed. I simply don't know why some people play, since the ones not posting are usually the same people every game (Plutonius, Melrose, mscriv, etc.). In fairness to mscriv, he eventually starts posting, but not in the first few days. It's even worse when the game master disappears.

I'm totally against the "no-vote" crap. Have some balls and make a decision. If everyone plays like that then nothing happens.

21. thread starter macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Ok, I've made some changes. Most notably,
    >Nights will last no longer then 24 hours, with a warning 12 hours in.
    >Days will last either until we have everyone's vote, or 24 hours.
    >You MUST vote for a person. You must vote. If you don't participate, then it ruins the game for the rest of us.

22. -aggie-, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012

macrumors P6

-aggie-

No-voting is not participating.

Edit: You deleted the no-vote stuff. Good.

23. Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My point exactly; it is not that is not really fair, 'tho that's true, but that it is almost unworkable.

I agree with you, but, at least, with a no-vote, a particular individual is flushed out to a certain extent. If someone 'no-votes', I usually take that as a reason to keep a close eye on them. They are usually hiding - and with good reason, as the no-voters have often been 'specials' who did not wish to expose themselves, or WWs, who equally - especially in the early stages - wished to lie low.

Although it was tilted in favour of the 'village', - and probably needs a bit of tweaking in order to make it a bit fairer - I liked appleguy's recent variation, in that it allowed for a lot more active participation on the part of a greater number of people.

One of the problems with the standard format has been that those with roles tend to try to stay under the radar (understandably, but, tactically, it is quite a successful policy), while clueless villagers tend to be the only actively posting participants.

----------

Agree completely. That sounds very good, and should work pretty well.

24. thread starter macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

Good. I couldnt tell if you were agreeing or disagreeing with me.

Maybe after a few rounds I'll try another more complicated one with different roles. I've had a few ideas.

25. macrumors 603

Tomorrow

I completely disagree with disallowing a "no vote." Contrary to what others think, a no vote is a desicion, and a very strategic one at that. I've used it plenty of times in the past with good results (for me), and I've never been a bad guy.

If you really think it's all about being spineless and unwilling to make a decision, you don't understand the game as well as you think you do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.