WW2 [split]

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, Apr 11, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Umm, whaaat???

2. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Did i stutter?

3. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

:rolleyes:
    No, you just posted some total bollocks.

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If anyone should know about bailouts it should be you and your country, dont you know anything about WW2???

5. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Enough to know that your great country was not the only one - or the first - to resist Hitler.

6. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

But who came running to your rescue? Lets not go into WW2 history this is about Iran building the bomb. The same Iran who wants to wipe off the map Israel, same one who is ruled by the Koran, same one who has a president that says millions werent killed by another fanatic named Hitler.

7. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Running?

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

you got me, perhaps i should say walking.:D

9. mpw Guest

If its world police you're after the US should leave it to the UN. They didn't with Iraq and without that f***-up I doubt Iran wouldn't be as ready to proceed as they are now.

As for WWII and trusting the US to keep weapons out of the hands of the next Hitler, what about the last one? America re-armed Germany in preparation for WWII. Over half of the tanks built for the German army in '39-'40 were supplied by GM/Ford.

Hitler came to power in the '30s with funding from various businessmen who were happy to support him and to profit from the rearmament program in the knowledge that Hitler was preparing an offensive force not just a defensive one. One of those men who supported, funded and profited from Hitler's rise to power was an American who used the profits to bankroll his son's entry into the oils business, Prescott Bush father to George Bush and granddaddy to GW.

10. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Stalin won the war, the US just helped him out a little.

11. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Hey... German is really a nice language! :cool:

I might add, that Germany actually already lost the war when the US took action in WWII. Hitler was stupid enough to fight at too many fronts at a time and wasting his resources by stupid decisions.

The US administration had just one worry... if Stalin would have run over Germany, he probably would not have stopped at the Rhine river. France would have been too weakened by the war to resist the new liberators. Let alone Spain. Middle and Western Europe became the most important trade partner for the US after WWI. The political tensions in Europe and the war made the US rich and the world power it is today. If they wouldn't have stopped the russian army as soon as possible, the only trade partner left would have been the UK. The US economy would have dived for a long time to come.

So they major reason for intervening was not to lose almost whole Europe to Communism. The US army advanced to the east as fast as possible, they met the russian troops in Strehla which is at the river Elbe and deep in the territory of the later German Democratic Republic. The west allies traded in the parts west of the Elbe (which later belonged to the GDR) for the western part of Berlin. But that's another story...

Once again the reason for the US to enter combat in WWII was purely economical. They didn't give a **** about the Holocaust as long as they made tons of dollars with the war... This is fact. But I know that many people in the US deny it. I wonder when the name calling starts again which I experienced already so many times when talking about this subject to North Americans... ;)

[​IMG]

groovebuster

12. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Good post. Needs to be said.

13. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Nice troll...

14. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

15. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

The US entered WWII because it was attacked, not because of economical reason That's a fact. We were pretty much neutral minus some assistance until 1941, when Pearl Harbor was attacked. You probably get called names because you don't know your facts and present yourself as if you do ;)

16. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Boy i have never heard such spin & lies put on WW2,Germany had lost the war in 41 ?? Lies and spin and BS. I guess now that all those grandpas are dead who fought it now you guys can make up crap like the US wanted war for making profits. Or ignore the fact that it was the US 3rd Army that marched across Germany. You all should be ashamed of your ignorant selfs. Millions fought and died to prevent Hitler from taking over, just as they did to prevent Japan from taking over Asia and then to prevent another Tyrant who killed millions of his own people named Stalin from taking over. Well you forget history and the next thing you know we will all be doing it again.

Millions of American died for Europe's crap and to have it spun as making profits is lowest of lows. Perhaps we should have let Germany take over Europe. Next thing you will hear is France won the war and if it was for profit then how come the U.S forgave all that debt from so many countries? selective memory.

17. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

All by itself? Gosh, I never knew that.
    Those millions were not all American citizens. As for the "millions" who died fighting Stalin...

18. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Here we go... :rolleyes:

Germany declared war on the USA on December 11 1941 after Pearl Harbour, not the other way around... Hitler hoped that Japan would help him to fight against the Soviet Union, but they didn't. Officially he was on war with the US, but not a lot happened for a few years to come, except some support for the other nations...

The invasion of Normandy (D-Day) took place June 6 1944...

The Holocaust started way before 1941. The US intelligence knew about it but nothing happened. Until 1941 the US were isolating from what was going on in Europe.

Dude, I know my facts. Sorry, that I have to disappoint you... Maybe you should do some reading before instead...

groovebuster

19. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

States knew in advance it would be attacked at Perl Harbour in advance... but the price of warning its miltary would be the knowledge that the allies had cracked a Code. The states were blockading Japanese shipping , especially oil.

The states did make large amounts of profit off the 2nd world war - that is an absolute fact. However, I'm not saying the right or wrongs about that.

However, the fact is the u.s did not win the second world war, there were other countries involved and the states could never have won the war if it went alone. By the time the states had entered the second world war the course of the war had changed - Britain and its allies began to have the upper hand. Had the states not entered the war, the 2nd world war would have probably lasted a few more years.

Again, war in Japan - other countries were involved not just the states.

Perl harbour was the excuse Truman ( was that the president ) needed to help Britain... before that he couldn't. He wanted to, but could not. ( like the previous poster said ).

As for facts, again, nice troll - your first posting.

20. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

Roosevelt, actually, at that point.

21. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Stella your a troll, now doesnt that sound stupid or childlike ? Stella your history of WW2 with statements like Briton had the upper hand? LOL they had almost lost the war by 41 except hitler changed course and started to bomb cities. Briton had no upperhand they were hanging on by a thread. And no it wasnt Truman:rolleyes: LOL You have been sipping someones koolaid:) I wonder why we at the signings at the end of the war since we had so "little" to do with it.LOL This generation is perfect pickings for the next Hitler,Stalin or Mussolini. Perfect.

22. Airforce macrumors 6502a

Airforce

You said:
    and you are wrong, We entered World War II because we were attacked. I don't know what history books you read, but you might want to throw them out.

23. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Why so emotional? That you don't like the truth doesn't mean it isn't the truth. I find the selective perception of some people really astonishing. Maybe you should forget about your cave-man patriotism for a second and accept that also the USA are not always doing everything right. In a war no side is only good or bad. Also the USA did a lot of BS during WWII.

They didn't want it, but they didn't mind it as long as it filled their pockets without being affected too much...

It was indeed. I don't see any contradiction to what I said before...

I don't think so! My grand-father died in Russia during WWII, fighting a war he didn't want, for a man and an ideology he hated. Instead you should be ashamed of denying any wrong-doing of the US during WWII.

In the first few years of the war the US made good money with the war. Like it or not! Maybe you should do some reading about the US companies which made huge profits even by trading with Germany...

This here would be a good start: http://www.ibmandtheholocaust.com/

Again... Germany could never have won the war anyway. In 1942 the tides were turning against the german army. From then it was only a question of time. And at the end a race who would get more of the big pie Europe... The Soviet Union or the USA.

groovebuster

24. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Again... Germany declared war on the USA after Peral Harbour! Not the other way around. Please don't tell me that I have to provide you with a source for a simple fact like this...

Maybe my history books are better than yours. You should read some that were not written in the US! ;)

groovebuster

25. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Roosevelt was looking for a way to grow the economy, his Lend-Lease program was his first step in that process. Also, there was a great deal of sympathy towards Hitler and Mussolini on the part of the business community because fascism gave them a lot more power. Bush's grandfather was one of those who continued to deal with the Nazis long after it was illegal to do so. The Lend-Lease program was not popular in Congress nor with the American people, but once they realized it was creating jobs, the opposition died down.