Wwdc '07?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by briantology, Feb 18, 2007.

1. briantology macrumors 6502

Jun 5, 2006
    WWDC is mid-June. What are the odds :rolleyes: of Apple releasing an updated version of the mac pro before then?
  2. psychofreak Retired

May 16, 2006
    Mmm...the octo-core mac pros are likely to come out at WWDC '07 IMO...
  3. miniConvert macrumors 68040

Mar 4, 2006
    Kent, UK - the 'Garden of England'.
    And even then the speed of the individual cores probably still wont be as high as 3GHz. I think the current Mac Pro has a lot of leg in it yet, it's quite an optimum balance of power and cores.

Perhaps, though, we could see a revision to include Front Row and/or a complete redesign...

But again, the current Mac Pro is spot on really, certainly no reason to 'hold off' buying.
  4. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

May 14, 2006
    Roskilde, DK
    I NEED Front Row on the Mac Pro, since it will replace an old Winbloze pc that worked as a media center. I am tired of lugging the wireless keyboard with me everytime I wanna watch Scrubs :)

Octo cores are meh until software is actually written to make use of more than 2 cores anyway (and that will probably be within 4-5 years time of which the octocore will be horribly outdated :p)
  5. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

May 6, 2006
    Leeds, UK
    Leopoard will contain Front Row for all platforms including the Mac Pro, until then I think we'll be out of luck.

Seems a bit of an arbitrary decsion it wasn't there in the first place as it is on the install cd's.