WWDC 2007 June 10-15th?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 24, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Appleinsider believes that WWDC 2007 will take place between June 10-15th of this year.

Apple's Worldwide Developer's Conference (WWDC) historically has taken place in June, but last year's WWDC was delayed until August 2006 to coincide with Intel Mac Pros and the Leopard Preview.

To corroborate the report one forum posts also claims that Apple's Worldwide Developer Relations indicated that June 10-15th was the date and that an announcement would be coming in February.

2. macrumors member

Yes!

Cannot wait to see what this year's WWDC brings!

3. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Just checked the Moscone event calendar, and there are no conflicts listed for Moscone West in that time period...

4. macrumors member

Two days before my birthday =).

If iLife, iWork, Leopard and the new Mac Pros are out by then (and they damn well better be :mad: )what's going to be on the agenda? It would have to be either new MBs/MBPs, maybe a C2D Mac Mini or the new iMac...?

-M

5. macrumors 603

Multimedia

The Sooner The Better

That date ensures Leopard ships before June. :)

6. macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Good News.

The Earlier The Better. :)

7. macrumors 6502a

"ensures it will ship" not insures- you're making the common mistake of not associating "insure" with solely finances

Yeah, especially considering the fact that WWDC will have to have made resources available beforehand. But what does this say about hardware? Maybe MacPro won't get a refresh until then, along with xserve.

And based on the assummtion that Apple refreshes its products twice yearly, here's hoping that there will be a refresh a month until then!

Feb- macmini, appletv
    March- Leopard, software updates, maybe ipod updates?
    April- new displays, iMacs
    May- laptop refreshes
    June- iphone, MacPro

-=|Mgkwho

8. macrumors 6502

adobe CS3 & office 2008 bundled with the new octo-core mac pros running leopard!

9. macrumors 603

Multimedia

April 16 NAB Likely Dual Clovertown Mac Pro Announcement Worst Case

We on the 8 Core Mac Pro Watch think Dual Clovertown will announce and ship soon thereafter no later than April 16 NAB Las Vegas - approximately two months before the June WWDC.

10. macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Come on video ipod!

Hmm...now that I think about it, June 11th is still considered Spring. Maybe THEN he will announce Leopard out for sale?

11. macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

Hmm... I would think that Apple still has to have an event soon to unveil Leopard and iLife, although this could be when Leopard is actually released.

No iPod announcements either! Jeez.

12. macrumors P6

twoodcc

it's starting on my birthday :)

can't wait! hopefully the iphone will out then as well

13. macrumors 6502a

The new consensus is that Apple will release Leopard on March 24th, after a February 20th announcement.
    http://www.macrumors.com/2007/01/23/apple-special-event-on-february-20th/

And if it's not a consensus, it at least sounds extremely plausible to me. Leopard is apparently winding down in development, enough for early spring rather than late spring. And March 24th is definitely early spring. Plus, I really really want a special event soon on the 20th! I'm like in SE relapse haha, since it will be, what, just over 5 months since the last one?

-=|Mgkwho

14. macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Oughtta have 16 cores by then.

15. macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

Ah yes, an unconfirmed Page 2 report from AppleRecon(?) MUST be gospel.

From what I understand, I find it hard to believe Leopard will be out in about 2 months when a) The "Top Secret" features have yet to surface, and b) It seems people who know what they're doing with the developer builds also feel that Leopard is still a ways off, or at least, not ready for prime time in less than 60 days, not even counting the time to press the discs and ship them.

16. macrumors 6502a

if true this has to be the release date for leopard. now, does apple release information about leopard prior to the event or do we get a "here's neat stuff... shipping today" from jobs.

i'd say unless there's some other big news between now and june then there will have to be some sort of info leaked.

personally i'm hoping for:

official iphone
    leopard
    announcement that dash code will allow you to export "apps" to iphone
    santa rosa based mac book pro

--

btw, there won't be a video ipod for at least a year.
    iphone -> june
    iphone nano -> october '08

then ipod video

17. macrumors 68020

I am just curios to see if Apple is going to wait until WWDC to introduce the octo-core with a new redesign enclosure and new displays or if they will introduce around NAB in April keeping the same design.
    My feeling leans towards WWDC, just because their history of professional updates. But NAB is also a good venue for the same.
    Hard call.
    I hope memory prices will drop enough so I can get at least 6gig to run this fast beast.
    Very excite times ahead for professionals.
    It feels also that Leopard might come at WWDC.

18. macrumors member

I have the idea that the WWDC will be iPhone-centric. As someone already pointed out June is also when the first iPhones will be shipped. I really hope that we don't need to wait until June to get Leopard, but as far as what I'm reading that is not going to happen. I also hope that Steve changes his mind about allowing 3rd Party softaware on the iPhone.

19. macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

iPhone release is pretty obvious...

20. macrumors 68020

guzhogi

I'd kinda like to go. Don't know if I could afford to go, but sounds interesting.

21. macrumors newbie

Double whammy

Perfect timing tto release iPhone for real (give one iPhone to everyone in the audience), PLUS 10.5. Wham!

Of course, there will also be one more thing...

22. macrumors 603

Rocketman

So I take it this is a slight modification of your prior January 2007 estimate?

Rocketman

:)

23. macrumors 603

Rocketman

Won't this be the first download full OS upgrade?

Get the DVD a week after you buy/install the OS :)

Rocketman

24. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Great news, it'll be nice to have it earlier this year! Last year's WWDC was definitely worth waiting for, however it will be nice to see some major announcements earlier this year than last. ;) :cool:

25. macrumors 6502a

Maccus Aurelius

Though it's likely I'll never own an iPhone (I prefer cheap throw-away phones that I can replace at will), I will be waiting with wide eyes for the next gen vid ipod and newer macs. I so want an MP, and the joy of suddenly having Octo-core models available is that quad cores will be cheaper! :D