Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minority_taxi

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
Peripherals!!!!!!

Am I the only excited about the possibility of a new keyboard or touch setup? They have so many patents in this area, surely we are going to see something like Leap Motions 3D air touch device? This is what I'm hoping for! :D

----------

Macrumors has an international focus and not US only and it annoys me that you only post the US time for all Apple events (10am Pacific).
Many of your readers will have no idea what Pacific actually refers to.

It would be good if you could at least add Paris or London time for Europe.

Use world clock on your iPhone!

----------

Yup. Which is exactly why I think apple is trying to stretch out SJ's ideas for as long as possible. Because their level of innovation is unfortunately not the same as SJ's.

You also know then that Jonathan ivy designed most of those award winning devices? SJ was a visionary but if Samsung can compete with Apple then don't doubt what current employees at Apple can do. I would not see bad products coming out of apple for at least another ten years and then perhaps I'll be working for them then :)

karelianBear

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2012
Mountain Lion after iOS in Cloud

Expectations to see deep integration of Mac OS to iOS and to iCloud. This most exciting as iCloud in middle will tie together these two OS-systems.

Most likely Mountain Lion will be released soon and iOS 6 will coming later on summer. Mac Books upgrade will be long waited release and more features from iOS will be found from new Mac OS .). iOS 6 new features will be most interested to see too.

New iPhone, maybe around the corner for surprise all :eek:

BornAgainApple

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
Massachusetts
Did I miss the Mac Pro update? And taking away the ethernet adapter (which we all knew would happen) and not adding 802.11ac will probably NOT go over well with those who are prepared to plunk down >$2100.

pubwvj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2004
Mountains of Vermont
Apple has abandoned Classic and Rosetta so now there is a tremendous amount of software, and the data accessed by said software, that can't run on the new machines. This means I can't upgrade all our machines as we still need access to our old data. Their hardware is plenty fast enough to perform the emulation. The only excuse for Apple's dropping Classic and Rosetta is greed. But the result is lost sales of Apple.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2010
In America
quite the opposite. This WWDC doesn't look like it'll be that big of a deal.

iOS 6 will not be a major overhaul of the UI, a lot of people will be disappointed.

Just like Lion, Mountain Lion will be a lot of regurgitation of the features mentioned before, with none or very few new features for the final release.. just like Lion.

new Macs. This is where the main party will be, looking forward to slimmer versions.

Also, isn't this year's WWDC presentation supposed to be shorter than the usual ones? I thought i read that somewhere, correct me if i'm wrong.

just my thoughts. Still looking forward to all of the above mentioned!

Just as predicted, it was a very "meh" event. I still enjoyed what i saw, but i felt that Apple can do much more.

Also, only the 15" MBP is the slim one? that's a bummer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.