Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Each year ahead of the Worldwide Developers Conference, Apple puts up logos, signs, and banners across Moscone West in San Francisco, where the event is held. Decorations began going up on Tuesday, and work will continue throughout the weekend to prepare for Monday's keynote event.

mosconebanner1-800x529.jpg

As of this afternoon, Apple has finished placing two Apple logos on the outside windows of Moscone West, and yesterday, the first interior banner went up. The initial banner uses the same graphic design elements that are present on the company's WWDC 2015 website, along with the tagline "The epicenter of change."

mosconebanner2-800x468.jpg

The next interior banners to go up may give us some hints on what we can expect from OS X 10.11 and iOS 9, the two new operating systems that will be unveiled at WWDC. With OS X 10.10, we saw banners depicting Yosemite on the Friday before the event, so tomorrow's banners could divulge the name for OS X 10.11.

Apple's trademarked the names of several California landmarks and locations, and some of those names include Redwood, Big Sur, Pacific, Diablo, Miramar, El Cap, Monterey, and Sierra, among others.

We also expect to see iOS 9 banners going up in the near future, but those banners divulge less information because there's no associated name and Apple will keep signs that highlight upcoming features covered until after the keynote event. Decorations will also be added to sign posts, the Metreon across the street, and other locations as we approach the kickoff of the conference.

applelogos1-800x600.jpg

Along with details on iOS 9 and OS X 10.11, this year's keynote event will also see the debut of Apple's new streaming music service and a revamped version of iTunes Radio. The Apple Watch will be a major focus with the debut of native apps, and we may also see the introduction of a rewards program for Apple Pay.

applelogos2-800x486.jpg

Early rumors suggested Apple would debut its a new Apple TV set-top box and a new subscription television service at WWDC, but the two products are not ready to launch and will no longer be included in the event. For additional details on what to expect at WWDC, make sure to check out our WWDC roundup and our more in-depth roundups on iOS 9 and OS X 10.11.

Article Link: Apple Continues Decorating Moscone West for WWDC Ahead of Monday's Keynote

dtpearson

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
They have to do apple TV......... I have been telling friends not to buy a new apple TV because a refresh is around the corner for YEARS now. FFS Cook!

I think without the genius/tyrant Jobs standing over everyone and praising/screaming at them, they have lost the ability to get products out the door quickly. Without a maniac pushing everyone to do their work quickly and well, everything is on the go slow now.

hlevolve

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2014
The only thing left interesting in this for me will be Home kit devices which I'm very excited for and perhaps what exactly they are going to announce regarding iOS9.

Reactions: SteveBlobs

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Software wise, I'm hoping that iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 are just optimised for stability, bug fixes, and better performance on older hardware. I sometimes wonder that if hardware advances had stagnated, how much performance could you get out of simply optimising software. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I remember my iPhone 4 was like absolute butter on iOS 4 when I first got it … :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.