Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Instagram user Zac Altman has posted a photo showing a new banner going up at the Moscone West convention center confirming that Apple will be unveiling iOS 6 at next Monday's keynote address.

ios_6_banner.jpg

iOS 6 has been assumed to be a major topic of discussion for the event, but Apple has so far mentioned only that it will discuss the "future of iOS" at the event. The banner also displays a silver-colored theme that has been rumored to making its way to the iPhone to replace the blue theme present in many of Apple's apps. The silver theme has already been showing up on the iPad, but rumors of an Apple mapping app have suggested that the silver theme will moving to the smaller screen as well.

With Apple having dropped numbering and other descriptors from its latest model of the iPad earlier this year, there has been speculation that the company may follow suit with other products such as the iPhone. Today's banner indicates that the company will at least continue marketing iOS using its version number.

Update: A clear shot from CNet:

ios6_610x407-1.jpg

iOS 6 icon cropped from CNet's image shows the background is water ripples:

6.png

Article Link: WWDC Banner Confirms iOS 6 Announcement

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
I really don't think any of us needed confirmation that iOS 6 would be discussed.

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
why the hell would people expect the numbering system to be dropped from iOS? frequent updates/builds make it necessary for operating systems to be numbered....

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
I can't wait to get Beta 1 on my iPhone 4S next week. It seems like every year, Beta 1's have less and less bugs in them.

M-O

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
the 6 on that logo looks like it was made with liquid metal!

also, am i the only one who can see right through that street pole?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
There's something weird about that photo. where was it taken from ? It looks like the street and the glass seem to meld.

It was taken with the camera up near the glass so it's reflecting onto the street decor.

Ryth

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2011
Yes!!!!

I'm so ready to see the OS that's going to be powering my new iPhone this fall. iCloud me baby!

This fall? The iPhone is coming sooner then fall son. July/August at the latest. Last years delay was a fluke.

:)

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
Ok so what are the expectations for iOS 6 besides new map app and Facebook integration?

Eorlas

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2010
Can't wait to see what ios6 will bring!

If Apple introduces any of the quick texting features that BiteSMS provides, I wouldn't really need to jailbreak. Perhaps Apple will have finally found a solution that pleases their standards that won't require us to switch apps just to quickly send or respond to texts.

Too bad I'll be on a flight back to the US while the main presentation is happening =( Hopefully there's wifi available on the flight!

Reeebo

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
iOS6 needs to have widgets. A homescreen of just squares is too boring and limiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.