WWDC coverage

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by mac15, May 5, 2002.

1. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

check www.spymac.com for exclusive (okay ;) ) coverage
    Spymac? what am I doing:p

2. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

There is a dutch site 'Applebits.com' that will do live coverage.
    Good for me, although I would have loved MR to do coverage on WWDC

3. BeerDrinker29 macrumors regular

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I really wish I were going, anyway, just booked for Paris Expo, I am very happy now :)

Ensign

5. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

I might be able to get to MWNY! Problem is I cant afford it so I have to go as press....I'm going to try and get in as a freelance writer...workin my connections.... :D

I'll post more about this as the 411 comes in. Nobody here happens to be a paper editor do they? Need a letter....Come on, you know you want to give me that letter so I can provide info from the Keynote....think about it

6. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

Will the keynote be webcast? What time is it at?

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I haven't heard of a keynote broadcast...

arn

8. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think that lots of people are going to be coming to this site for updates tomorrow. This site may even break the 259 guests mark!

I am wondering how the servers will manage with so many guests/members. We got I think 256 at macrumors at one time for updates on MYTokyo as a peak, maybe one or two more. And I got problems about the server being too busy.

And I do not remember there being any webcast for Tokyo, and that was pretty big. So since WWDC may be not much bigger than that, why would people want to start broadcasting?

So people come here to our servers. How will the servers manage so many guests?

Any time is a great time for iPod.

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've always used MacWorld or MacAddict, they've been really good at updating a simple text page with the minute by minute, blow by blow coverage. I'll come here to see what's posted, but the very nature of the threads do not allow for easy review of the whole thing. It will only be good after everythings been said and we can all talk about it.

10. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

isn't WWDC more of a developer and industry thing? i was never expecting a broadcast or any coverage. we'll probably have to wait until Apple announces something.

11. jipper macrumors newbie

is it just me

Is it just me or are Apple events becoming more and more hyped every year???
    People are even getting overly excited about WWDCs now. What's going on?
    I won't be excited until I see my iBook running VPC5 and MS Word fast like they used to under OS 9.
    Tim.

12. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: is it just me

Yep... and sites like this don't help... ;)

seriously though... the MacWorld hype didn't start until Jobs returned and the iMac was introduced. Sure... there was plenty of rumor digging etc... prior to all previous macworld events... and people liked hearing about what new processors were coming out...

But it really did all change when the iMac came out. Suddenly, Apple really surprised us. And you knew the towers were going to be the next redesign... the frenzy got going... I remember Appleinsider had very bad sketch of what the current towers were going to look like the night before the release... fun times. :)

What drives the excitement now is that potential - the potential for them to come out with the Next Great Thing... I doubt they can ever live up to the hype it draws now... but it's a fun/exciting scene.

MWSF 02 was the most intense pre-expo that i've seen.

MWNY 02 will be as well, I imagine... but to be honest... I think MWSF 03 is going to the end all. That's when many feel the G5 will make it's debut...

arn

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Re: is it just me

This is nothing compared to MWSF 2002. Apple directly contributed to the hype that time too. All that's happening now it people working themselves up over could be's. If Apple gets on the Hype Bandwagon for MWNY I'll bet its even worse than MWSF. Every one is waiting for the new pro machine and Apple knows this. If they start saying things like last time 'Way beyond the rumor boards', the rumor feeding frenzy will be all about the G5 or what ever they bring forward.

14. resm macrumors 6502

spymac overloaded

looks like spymac couldn't handle the rush hour.

to many trying to get a first glimps of paradise