WWDC Favour

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tektonnic, Aug 7, 2006.

1. tektonnic macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Hi everybody,

I was wondering whether one person could do some people a favour, as thrilled as I am about the WWDC I don't want to find out whats happening through the macrumors liveupdate (as awesome as it is) nor through going to apples homepage follwoing the event.

I want to watch it, and usually they put it online, so what I think I need is someone to volunteer to put a link to the QT once its up in this thread.

My plan being this, I'm not going to visit any mac sites until I've seen the video, I will bookmark this thread and therefore not have to go through the macrumors frontpage.

Would anyone be kind enough to put the link in once its up?

2. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

Good idea, I might just subscribe to this thread. Reading the live transcripts and then visiting all the forums I frequent that mentions Apple products just takes the excitement out of watching the broadcast.

3. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing... I am going to subscribe to this thread :)

4. tektonnic thread starter macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Glad I'm not the only person who wants this, now all we need is a kind sacrifice, er I mean person to dive into the website and retrieve the URL, any very kind takers?

5. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Gawd it's taking SO DAMN LONG for 6 oclock!!!! :mad:

It's only quarter to 12 and that means another 6 hours to go.

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Oh, excellent idea! I'm subscribing too, going to look forward to seeing this once it's ready :D

Only then will I start the frenzy of comments sure to follow whatever announcements are made ;)

EDIT: I do have a reputation of being a helper around here - I might as well offer to post the link (once it's up, before I watch it).

7. tektonnic thread starter macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Well perhaps if the MacRumors gods are listening, seeing as they have to transcribe it and know everything that happens anyway...perhaps they could supply the link and save you spoiling the surprises for yourself?

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't have to worry about that, as I've already identified what the link to the video will most likely be ;) All I have to do is check it until it's up then post it here.

9. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I'll bookmark this thread and if when I get home tonight the link hasn't been posted I'll go get it.

10. Yigit macrumors newbie

This is a great thread, I have also been thinking about how could I reach the QT link without any spoilers :)

When should we check back by the way? When will the Keynote will be online you think?

11. bradc macrumors 6502

12. tektonnic thread starter macrumors 6502

tektonnic

Thats good of you BradC!

I have no idea when it will be available, I am just disappling all my google homepage newsfeeds and and RSS I have going to ensure nothing slips through the net, I also have to avoid my phone as a friend of mine will text me as soon as he knows what happened!

13. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I am guessing that when it's up it will be here. It isn't up yet, though. :(

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

oh man that new iPod with built in video camera is soooooooo sweet! i can't wait to see it in action on the video stream! ;)

15. bradc macrumors 6502

I'm not going to be giving anything away other than,...j/k!

edit: stillllllll not up:rolleyes: - 4:38pm est

16. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

17. bradc macrumors 6502

Appears Apple doesn't have enough bandwidth, I'm still getting the " Due to exceptional demand..."

18. tektonnic thread starter macrumors 6502

tektonnic

May I just say, thanks to those who put the link up, very good of you, and I'm sure everyone will apriciate it. :) :) :)