WWDC Rumor Tidbits: Camera Filters and Motion Sensing in iOS 7, iRadio for Mac and Apple TV?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 6, 2013.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    In a roundup of what to expect at next week's World Wide Developers Conference, 9to5Mac has released some new rumors concerning both iOS 7 and Apple's upcoming streaming music service, "iRadio."

Alongside the standard iOS 7 rumors, the site suggests that Apple has been experimenting with camera filters for its built-in camera app, like those used in many third party camera apps such as Instagram.
    In addition to experimenting with camera features, Apple is also said to be testing new motion technology, which could be used to shift objects on the screen based on device orientation.
    As far as Apple's upcoming streaming music service is concerned, 9to5Mac suggests that it could potentially be offered as a pre-installed standalone app alongside iOS 7, but other options include a separate app users would have to download from the App Store or incorporating the service into the existing Music app. There are also rumors that the music service could also be brought to both the Mac and the Apple TV in the future.
    iOS 7, which is said to feature a total redesign, will be unveiled next monday during Apple's WWDC keynote. Apple is also pushing for a WWDC release of its streaming music service, though it is unclear if the company will be able to achieve that goal.

MacRumors has a detailed roundup that includes more information on what to expect at next week's presentation, including OS X 10.9 and new MacBooks.

Article Link: WWDC Rumor Tidbits: Camera Filters and Motion Sensing in iOS 7, iRadio for Mac and Apple TV?

2. macrumors 68000

3. macrumors 68000

B...

4. macrumors 6502

I wonder if Jony Ive is going to stand up and talk about the design

5. macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

So much iOS news I can't keep up! That's a good thing tho

6. macrumors 6502

$20 says Jony finds them tacky.

7. macrumors 68030

Patriot24

The item regarding shifting app icons depending on device orientation is interesting given the alleged leaked image of iOS 7 that appeared to show the icons off center. Many scrutinized the image as a fake because of it.

dun. Dun. DUN...

8. macrumors 6502a

DavidBlack

Yea that would be nice I've only seen Ive on stage once, that was when they started using unibody construction for the MacBooks. So yea I believe he would this time for iOS 7 :)

9. macrumors 6502

A lot is riding on Jony Ive... He can either make it or break it... We just have to wait and see...

10. macrumors 6502

This motion sensing is utterly out of step with both flat design and anti-skeumorphism. I'll believe it when I see it.

Fully expect that skeotastic volume control to disappear in iOS 7...

11. macrumors member

Knighstalker

So where is the Apple TV WWDC Rumor Tidbit???

12. macrumors 68040

rwilliams

These last few days before a WWDC keynote, iPhone event, or iPhone/iPad release are always the hardest. :)

13. macrumors 6502a

There are enough apps out there already that can make crap photos even crappier (or...sorry...."artistic"). Just leave the filters alone Apple, unless you are talking about something like a physical neutral density filter or polarizing filter.

14. macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

"There are also rumors that the music service could also be brought to both the Mac and the Apple TV in the future."

15. macrumors 68020

16. macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    But making all your pics look like old Polaroids never gets old!

17. macrumors member

Yes, that is what iOS 7 needs, camera filters.

18. macrumors regular

It's the iRadio addition to it (the AppleTV) and the Mac.

19. macrumors 6502a

These rumors are rather boring. I'm really hoping there's something good coming that they've just done an amazing job keeping under wraps.

20. macrumors 68020

iapplelove

21. Northgrove, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013

macrumors 6502a

Filters would be kind of useless even if you use them, in my opinion. If you use Facebook and want your photos to that network, shooting with the Facebook app now supports filters. If you do the same with Twitter, yep, Twitter supports filters too.

So this would basically only be truly useful to me if I wanted to send one and the same photo easily to both networks. Or if I just for some reason wanted a filtered photo in my camera roll.

Finally, Instagram is the default place people go to for filtered photos. The Twitter filters never took off in my Twitter feed, and the Facebook ones never seem to have done either. I think they're looked down on. So I actually don't think this is a feature in very high demand, despite the popularity of Instagram.

22. macrumors 6502

In 9to5mac, iOS7 usage analytics show resolutions of 320x396 and 320x27088. Does any one know what these are?

23. macrumors 68000

pubwvj

"Total Redesign"

Blah. Glitz, glimmer, bling, flash, not useful.

What I want is two simple things that would make all the devices more useful:

1) Cross OS compatibility. All MacOS software would work on all iOS devices and all iOS software would work on Macintosh computers. I want to use my data and tools no matter where I am or what device I'm using. The computing power is there. Apple's just making the OS's get in the way.

2) Legacy support: Classic, PPC, 68K, etc. I have older data and applications I need to use. When Apple abandon's support the put up a hurdle for people upgrading their hardware and OS. This is costing Apple money because there are a lot of people not upgrading.

24. macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Don't get me wrong, as an iPhone and iPad owner, I'm desperately looking toward iOS7. As a Mac owner, I can't wait to upgrade to a 13in rMBP with Haswell.

But can I see some AppStore love for the AppleTV?!

25. macrumors G3

charlituna

to what practical purpose. I can't think of one. Sounds to me like the same moving shadows that Forstall spent so much time on that he forgot to fully debug the wifi systems and cost users vast time and money on Cell Data charges.

And the same stuff that Sir Jony Ive was speaking against.

----------

perhaps, but $50 says that this kind of thing. as a DLC perhaps will find its way into iOS at some point.

And I say good. make the software 'plugin' friendly and let those that want get and those that don't skip it. This is the one idea my cousin had that I think is a must do. in iOS, their iOS and Mac apps