WWDC upgrade to come ???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Ti_Poussin, Jun 3, 2005.

1. Ti_Poussin macrumors regular

Ti_Poussin

So many thread on hope of release new hardware around, so maybe this can help people, maybe not, but this is just my though about it:

-Mac OS X.4.2 wouldn't be out until mid june for sure (maybe later)
    -If people haven't found any new hardware profile in current release, don't expect complete new hardware revolution.
    -The iBook haven't been update since a while.
    -The MacMini haven't been update yet, near 6 month too.

Not going to be upgrade:
    -PowerMac
    -Display
    -iMac
    -xServe
    -eMac

Maybe (ishhh, probably not)
    -iPod normal 20 Go
    -Powerbook (base on iBook release, release later on this summer, but sincerely doubt it for WWDC, not release before 10.4.2 for sure)

Probably
    -iBook (upgrade graphic to handle core video, not really much more I think)
    -Macmini (why not, sale have been low in the past month)

This isn't cash, but the more probable thing to happen, if anything get update at all except software or new software. So please stop the G5 Powerbook plz I can't stand it anymore. Thanks.

2. aznsal612 macrumors member

As much as I am pissing my pants in anticipation for WWDC, why does everyone feel entitled to their own WWDC predictions thread?

Can't we all just post in one thread.

Stop the madness I say. Stop the madness. :rolleyes:

3. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

To tell you the truth i think that this WWDC is gonna be super dry. There will be very little to talk about... maybe an iPod shuffle update..woohooo..i really do not care at all if there any iPod updates. I think we are gonna see another Tiger demo and then tata..finito and then all of us are gonna be complaining.
    The reason why i am thinking this is because there are no rumors...apple isn't trying harder to hide things...they just dont have anything to hide... :( :( :(

4. G-Funk macrumors regular

G-Funk

I just got my new Powermac G5 . if steve announces a new power mac i'll kill him myself :mad:

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

xserve updates are likely, not much elce, maybe ibooks but probably not announced at wwdc as it's a pro event.

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Please don't consider harming yourself. Don't want to loose you as a Mac user. You have the top of the line Power Mac, it's an awesome machine. There are always new ones coming out. Even if new ones would be announce ti could be months before there available. You are getting the pleasure of using your Mac now.

7. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Ok now that's a bit scary.

Besides if anything is announced with regards to the Power Mac line it'll probably be a dual 3.0Ghz Power Mac G5 ;) :p :rolleyes:

8. apple_g5 macrumors member

apple_g5

WWDC Hype

I just don't unterstand this hype about this conference. There will be no significant update of anything, or at least something as unimportant as a new iPod Shuffle. There won't be anything in the portable line, because if they update the iBook, which is long overdue, they'll also have to update the Powerbooks, but I don't think they have much to put into them except a ridiculous speedbump of 100 mhz.

There'll probably be another "Tuesday update" this month...

The only thing that really gives me the creeps about WWDC is the whole INTEL rumor.:eek:

SUMMARY: WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING. :p

9. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Your predictions sound pretty close to what I am expecting from WWDC.

-Apple release new PowerBooks (dual-core G4 or G5), please :eek:

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

well since everyone is starting their own thread on WWDC :rolleyes: i'm going to wish for a new ipod revision. That's all i want!

11. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sounds good to me- the 20GB iPod needs to have its hard drive bumped up a few notches (60GB+).

12. G-Funk macrumors regular

G-Funk

put yourself in my shoes. what would you do ? you cannot just update a new hardware and a month later say it's obsolete !?!?!?

13. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

I believe he said I'll kill *him* myself...

A little different.

PS. Watch out, you probably have the FBI on you already ;)

14. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

I understand what you are saying, but realize that the computer you just bought seriously is awesome and is no less awesome even if something newer gets released tomorrow. It's not like it got worse or anything...

i did make sure to wait a little bit until tomorrow is over with to make a PB purchase though. :D Either way, I'll be happy with my purchase this coming week.

15. G-Funk macrumors regular

G-Funk

I stil have my PB G4 667Mhz .. i was waiting for a powerbook G5 . but i'll see what tomorrow brings untill i upgrade my laptop .

16. G-Funk macrumors regular

G-Funk

Steve must have himself protected by the FBI. since most New owners on the new PM G5's are after him
    :D

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

ipod 5g( please)
    iPod shuffle
    Mac Mini( would be good)
    iBook
    PowerBook
    Intel( why apple why?, im hoping we will see a new laptop running an intel chip, or a cheap or a tablet/PDA hybrid)
    some wigets, other little stuff
    those i think are the only thing that could update

18. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

Seems to me more likely now that there will be no updates and all people will be talking about is the move to Intel.

19. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm sure that Steve has bodyguards. It's just part of being among the rich and famous. There are a lot of really sick individuals out there today. Most are harmless, but you can never be too careful. Just look at the threat on David Letterman's son Harry.
    :(

20. G-Funk macrumors regular

G-Funk

My point was not an actual threat. it was more of a metaphore . Mad = Mad enough to kill " but not actually doing it.. meaning be verry upset since most of us spent afortune to buy those new powermacs . You feel me ?
    :cool:

21. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

please learn how to spell

Along with that, a metaphor is a comparison of two very unlike things connected together to compare or contrast a different item. I really think absolutely nothing will happen at this coming keynote however I am still going to wait until it is over to buy my new, long awaited powermac! Hopefully they will update the one button mice and keyboards soon, the keyboards really bug me.