wwdc video

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by coday182, Jul 29, 2006.

1. coday182 macrumors regular

coday182

Can someone post a link or show me where I can watch a video of the wwdc so i can feel like im being suprised lol. I know they probably dont have live feeds but as close as possible will do.

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

They won't have a live feed, the video will be posted on Apple's website a few hours after the event. The best way to feel surprised is to log on here as macrumours becomes macrumourslive and we get a very simple, text-based, auto-refreshing summary of the event as it happens.

I presume there will be sources inside again?

3. coday182 thread starter macrumors regular

coday182

How do I do that?

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You don't have to do anything special, just click on your "macrumours" bookmark - I assume you have us bookmarked and it will redirect you to the "live" page. Then just sit back and watch the updates roll in.

Just a quick secret to a prospective Mac user, when the show is over and you want to head over to Apple's website to see the new stuff, go instead to apple.com/au - the end of the show is at stupid-o'clock in the morning here and the site is always much faster due to the relative lack of traffic.

I'm on dial-up and have been able to get info out faster than those on broadband AND in the US just by using my local Apple website.

5. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

AppleMatt

It's a shame they used to provide a live feed, I presume the load was getting too heavy in recent years.

Even when the stream is posted, for the first few hours it's hard to watch (jumpy etc).

AppleMatt

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yeah, I normally head down to the internet café to watch it at around 3pm - 10pm Cupertino time - there always seems to be less traffic at that time of day. I always manage to get smooth playback and pretty good window size for the video.

Got QTPro now so I think I can save it when it's done - don't mind using the net cafés bandwidth, I tried to do it when I was at home visiting my folks before I realised just how big the file was and I'd single-handedly put them over their download limit for the month.

7. drummerbooker14 macrumors 6502

drummerbooker14

i hope i will be able to come to macrumors during school. rather than having to wait to get home

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Having to wait till after school sure beats having to stay up till/get up at 3am for the start and wait around till about 4am for the end of it.

9. bradc macrumors 6502

^^^^Hahaha:p , well it's entertainment, a good surprise to you and other people so it's worth it! I'm wondering how many posts there will be in the 'New MacPros Released' Thread, the one about Dual 2.5ghz G5s had 6000+ posts and I think 450,000 views:eek:

I'm going to buy some stock I think;)

10. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

If you want your information right away then come here. To me when the January Keynote (is that redundant?) was going on. Watching the video and Jobs talk was so awesome.

Jobs has the ability (as said many times before) to make anything look amazing. Watching it I remember feeling like a kid in a ice cream parlor watching the ice cream man make a magical treat for me.

It was so much better to watch the feed. I can't explain it though...