WWDC: Which blog/site to follow for up to date news?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MacNoobGuy, Jun 6, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

hey guys, i was just wondering what's the best blog i should follow to get information about products/software updates/mountain lion? what's the best place?

thanks

2. Contributor

AndyK

I was hoping Apple's App would at least give public access to event news, but alas no :(

3. macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

I usually go with Engadget but may give Ars Technica a spin this time. I've also become a Jim Dalrymple fan recently so I may use his site at loopinsight.com

4. macrumors 6502a

5. macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

Just may follow The Beard myself. Despite the fact that he's Canadian.

I jest folks..I jest!

6. macrumors 6502a

-Knight-

I use Engadget myself. As long as the site doesn't lag it's decent.

7. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    usually I use engadget. It's pretty good.

Seriously?? interesting... does it keep updating with the various products as they are shown off on stage?

8. macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

For the live blogs I keep both Engadget and The Verge up. I prefer The Verge but engadget will sometimes say something they omit and vice versa.

For audio commentary I watch twit.tv live. I love hearing Leo Laporte's over-reactions balanced by Alex Lindsey's positive reactions and Andy Inhatko's level headedness.

Then after, whenever it's put up, I'll listen to 5by5's Hypercritical with John Siracusa's insane critic.

9. Guest

10. macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

So ready for monday! its always exciting. I usually follow on engadget, may try a few new ones also too.

11. macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

I've found the verge has really good live blog coverage for a lot of tech events, so I go with them.

Of course, if you have the patience the best is going spoiler free and watching the video stream Apple posts later in the day.

12. macrumors 6502

I tried that before actually. But it's almost impossible to do. You can even browse the internet at all on Apple keynotes. Just about any place on the web that reports anything at all reports the stuff Apple releases right then. Also when I went to Apples site to watch the presentation when it was posted, I couldn't get to it without seeing almost every major thing released before even watching the video.

13. jgc
    macrumors regular

Someone posted on the forum the other day that no live blogging would be allowed at WWDC. Is this an antiquated rule that nobody pays attention to or is it new this year? Could obviously screw up live blogging if so :/

Where does Apple post the keynote and approximately when? If it was up around 8pm EST I could easily avoid spoilers at work and watch it when I got home.

14. thread starter macrumors 6502

is this true?

will macrumors be posting relatively live information?

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

16. macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Oh, it's incredibly difficult to do. It's basically having to lock yourself in a box for the day until someone comes along and pokes you with a stick saying it's safe to come out.

Thankfully, I don't go to apples site to check when it's posted. In the spoiler free threads that start on these forums, people are kind enough to post direct links.

17. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

18. macrumors 65816

Patrick J

19. macrumors member

macbookflasher

WWDC: Which blog/site to follow for up to date news?

Hey, Did you tried Apple Library? I see products from there and buy from the amazon always :)

20. macrumors G3

Kilamite

The Verge probably, if they can keep up with the load without server issues.

Though, going to try my best and wait for the keynote to appear online.

21. arn, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012

arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

22. macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

I'm going to be following iMore, and iPhoneinCanada as i have for the past 3 years

23. macrumors 68040

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Is it too obsessive to follow multiple sites? I usually do engadget, but I'm thinking this year I'll add the verge and macrumors to the mix

24. macrumors regular

You really ought to check out the Apple Keynotes podcast feed, then. The keynote will just show up in iTunes or your favorite podcast program when it's put up.

HD version
    SD version

25. macrumors regular

serkan

ı will wait for the tweets of macrumorslive ;) I hope they wont disappoint me