Wwe..

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DisFrikkenWill, Apr 9, 2006.

1. DisFrikkenWill macrumors member

ive never watched wrestling in like 9 years and after seeing it tonight i say its pretty funny how i used to think it was actually cool. i mean its still entertaining though. =)

2. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

I watch wrestling all of the time, and it has definitley changed since WWE bought WCW. The lack of competition has led to things be pretty predictable.
    It still has it's moments though.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Remember "The Million Dollar Man"? I used to think he was so frackin rich when I was 8! :p

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Can honestly say that I never watched wrestling or was the least bit interested in it. :eek: :)

5. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I agree with you. The writing is terrible and TNA isn't any competition...yet.

6. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

TNA has potential, but it seems like they're just trying to reinvent a mix of old WCW and old ECW, and it's just not working. Nobody has been able to imitate ECW, it had it's own special flavour to it that just can't be duplicated.
    As for WCW, why would you want to imitate that crap?
    It's good to see Christian with the belt in TNA though, lets hope he can do something special there.

7. DisFrikkenWill thread starter macrumors member

so there can be nwo again, and the wolf pack attack! hahahaha

8. Madmic23 macrumors 6502a

Ya, WWE already brought back the nWo (since they own the copyright to it) and it failed miserably. They even had Hogan, Hall and Nash doing it, but it was a flop. It did lead to the most amazing match I ever witnessed live though, which was the Rock vs Hogan at the Skydome in Toronto at Wrestlemania X8. It wasn't the best wrestling match I've ever seen, but the atmosphere was intense. I've never heard so many people chanting so loud, and I was in the press box!
    It was one of those moments that I'm going to remember for a long, long time.

9. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I too remember the days when i thought it was enjoyable to watch, very now and then I switch by it and watch for a few minutes and I almost laugh at what crap it is......

ShadoW

10. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

Professional wrestling has been in a nosedive and a tailspin since 2000 or 2001. During the late 90s, it was at its most recent peak. Since then, and especially since WWE bought WCW, it's been all downhill.

TNA ("Total Non-stop Action") Wrestling is trying to shake the boat a bit, and they have a lot of old WWF/WCW talent in their roster, so we may see another relatively major player soon.

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, I used to watch it about 20 years ago when I was little, and then watched it again for amusement value in the late 90s, but it just isn't the same...

12. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Million dollar man, superfly...The dude that did the tornado uppercut as his signature move....The barber beefcake:confused: , jake the snake, mankind(mike,catus jack, dude love...too much damn names) LOD, DX, The heart foundation, Remember the Narcissist?.....RepoMan, Remember bob backlin??...crazy bastard.....Razor ramon, The nation, the REAL undertaker & Kane,

This is when WWF was good now it sucks

Bless

13. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

And they were still awesome at the time of Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. The SCSA vs. McMahon feud and The Rock vs. Mankind feuds are awesome. The day the WWF bought the WCW is the day they started to suck ass.

14. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Agreed. The storylines they had going on pre-WCW were classic, my best friend and I would make a point of watching them solely for entertainment value as a "male soap opera" every week. Now it's just tired and boring... :(

15. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I remember when WCW 1st came in...i was praying that WWF would reject them and just take in ECW but WCW(i dont like any of there line up except the steiner bros,NWO..Buff?:confused: ) just added their boring-ness acts to it and transform it to one big crap bag.

Bless

16. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

When we upgraded our TV package to include the sports channels we started to watch a bit of the WWE wrestling, and we were pleasantly surprised at how entertaining it actually is. Granted, it's not Shakespeare, but after you've come in from the pub on a Friday evening it's a bit of a giggle. :cool: