www.jesuswouldbeashamedofyou.com

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SiliconAddict, Nov 14, 2005.

1. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Didn't find anything when I searched jesuswouldbeashamedofyou so sorry if this is a repost. I thought this was an interesting site. I think they are spot on with their commentary of how some people are acting.

http://www.jesuswouldbeashamedofyou.com

Thoughts? Without flamage hopefully.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's a really cool site. Thanks for posting it. It gives a bit of hope for the world.

3. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

It's good to see someone with a new point of view, someone coming from the religious side, but saying that all the insanity over minute details is in vain, which it truly is.

4. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I agree that the actions of the people pictured on this site are shameful, although the attempt to link Christians to the KKK is disappointing.

5. JesseJames macrumors 6502a

Wow, a rational religious person. Few and far between.

6. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

The vast majority of KKK members claim to be Christian - so the KKK is making the link themselves as well. I wouldn't worry about the details, any rational human being knows that the KKK doesn't accurately represent the true teachings of Jesus.

This is a good site. I wish most/all Christians were this rational. I believe they are the quiet majority - they need to get louder and tell their extremist members to shut up because they are making Christianity look bad.

7. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Read this sermon by Desmond Tutu. His theology is admittedly simple, and repetitive - God is love, and loves us all! There is hope in the world!

8. applebum macrumors 6502

Actually, no, there are plenty of us and we are everywhere. This site could have been written by me. I feel pretty much the same way. Anyone who comes into contact with me would know this. But, like the site says, I am not out protesting or putting on displays. I am going to work, spending time with my family, enjoying life, and caring for people the best I can.

Unfortunately, these "vocal" christians do more to hurt Christianity than anything else out there. I do believe that Jesus would be ashamed of all Christians that feel a need to judge others instead of love others.

9. mpw Guest

I love the guy in the black t-short about half way down who looks like he's joined a group of demonstrators with a "we are idiots" placard.:D

10. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

A few items to place in the FWIW File:

1. Liberal Christianity is by no means dead in this country. I know plenty of them; as a group they just aren't nearly as politically active and visible as the conservatives. That's unfortunate.

2. The creator of this site apparently doesn't know that the "Westboro Baptist Church" is a satire.

3. The Klan was created for and by White Protestants. No one else need apply.

11. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

that is a good site, im not religous what so ever and all this "Fag's go to Hell" and other stuff is so ridiculous, not to stereotype but these gnarly christians that go around doing this stuff make me sick, too much time on your hands, why can't everyone just love each other??? gay, strait, white, black, were are all humans arn't we?

12. SiliconAddict thread starter macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Yah I agree. Some of the pictures are iffy. But you have to admit there is at least a portion of the KKK that is cross-enrolled in religious extremists. I think the point is Jesus would be disappointed in that person, to say the least.

13. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

That is a very good website, for all the wrong reasons.

It is really sad when people start using religion for hate and to justify themselves. Many occassions they turn into what the bible preachers against.

They can't see the wood for the trees. Take a step back.

14. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

LOL, that's great! :)

15. belvdr macrumors 601

Unfortunately, most of those pictures, and many others, give people the idea that each and every person who alleges to be a Christian hates others for things they do. Some of them might, but not all Christians are like that. I can see what they are trying to do, however I think the way they are doing it only generates hatred, and doesn't let people see what the love of God did for us through Jesus Christ.

EDIT: And for what it's worth, I don't agree totally with what the owner of that website says either. I think the website and those pictures are on both ends of the spectrum and the truth is in the middle.

16. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

kind of reminds me of the mote in your eye, but the log in my own.

:D

17. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

HAHAHA FINALLY A SITE TO EXPLOIT THE SECRET PLANS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH;)

I am joking of course, most christians are very nice people.:)

18. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

19. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

i want this shirt...just because its so bitchin'

Attached Files:

20. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

21. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

I actually use the connection quite a lot in arguements. The KKK is to Christianity what the current extremeists are to Islam. There are fanatical loons in all religions but they are the minority. Sadly too many people don't see it that way. To them I say read and book and learn about the religion you criticise. Don't believe the media.

I'm an atheist through and through but if religion helps some people get through the day then that's thier choice. Provided they don't go to the extreme.

22. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I would say Jesus was pretty extreme, although not judgemental. That's part of what makes him different (and great), he is full of love, not hate.

23. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the girl in front of him is pretty good, too.

24. Sogo macrumors 6502

I bolded it becuase it disapoints me that those who follow god, seem to have so much hate. Not all, I mean namly those who are like those depicted in the pictures. Iv spoken to a few christians and when we get to abortion or homosexuality they get all angry. Im like, don't you read a book that is supposidly teaching you love?

I do not dispise christians, i dispise the christian leaders who use god to move their own agendas. Its the leaders who are the real issue, because so many look up at them and believe them. And once its connected to their faith, people defend it to their death. The crusades anyone?

25. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Why yes that is such a classic :D I wonder if he made a conscious decision to wear that Ramones shirt or if he just happened to put it on.

What makes me sad when seeing the fracking adults take their little kids with them and have them hold signs when the kids probably have absolutely no idea what is going on :(