www.mac.com PASSWORD HELP

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by fslillian, Feb 19, 2004.

1. fslillian macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2004
    Greetings Fellow Mac Users!

I recently signed on to www.mac.com and have extreme trouble logging into my account to access iDisk or mail or any of the benefits of the membership. I cannot get past the page where I have to input m password. I have changed it several times and received a confirmation page that my password is successfully reset. But, when try the new password, I am greeted again with an error - that my password is not valid. So, I reset my password again and try the new password. The error message again. What am I not doing correctly?

I have searched the help pages on mac.com for answers and have found one. I have looked elsewhere on the internet for assistance, no luck.

I have been doing this for the past week and am on the verge of tearing the rest of my hair out.

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    call apple.

sorry, a bit cut and dry there... :p

one thing i can think of is perhaps your keyboard is using different input character set when you reset your password? it happens to me once in a while. when i use safari to post in japanese, the input mode changes to japanese (as opposed to english) once in a while kind of randomly. if you use two or more languages in your setup, perhaps you are typing in your password in a foreign language?

just a thought. if not, calling apple directly is probably your best bet.