www.mymusicinc.com

Discussion in 'Community' started by maxterpiece, Feb 1, 2005.

1. maxterpiece macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

LINK

This is a neat scam. I google the website and nothing shows up yet. The person definitely spent some time creating the website.

from FAQ:
    What kind of music & movies, do you have?
    All of the most popular music and movies - over six million songs and movies are on the network! You will be able to find almost every kind of music or movie you can think of. We have not yet seen a music or movie genre that does not exist on the network.

Do you have anything for Mac?
    Yes we do! We offer the leading music and movie downloads for the Mac. The number of programs created for Macs is less than PC's, however, we offer the best programs for the MAC available.

****note the horrible grammar above****

Also in FAQ which makes me almost positive this is a scam:
    I thought the software was free. Why am I being asked to pay?
    The software is free. You are paying for unlimited technical support and so we can run the website. If unsatisfied, for any reason, you can cancel your membership within 30 days for a full refund.

The thing is pretty well done for a scam site though. Those fake ebay website scams don't bother making more than the frontpage to submit your credit card #.

2. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

3. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

I thought I recognized that somewhere. On the front page there is a button that says: Download now, For Mac and Windows (under it). It is the button from the itunes site to download itunes. Im proud of my observancy (i think its a word ;))

4. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

hahahaha, I tried doing a 'search' for music. All that it is, is if you search abc, it brings up a page saying that abc was found and it shows abc as a link and when you click it, it brings you to the register page.

I'm sorry about my online explanation skills :eek:

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It sounds like the best thing is to avoid this site. I only like to use my credit card at sites that I know the owner and they offer a secure server.

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Would make for a rather interesting phishing scam...

7. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

I'd be suspect of anything that reads "MAC" instead of Mac.

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

This website would be much more credible, if they offered a free iPod somehow in the mix. :D

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Of course, a free iPod for $19 would make anybody cough up the information for their checking account.

Which gives me an idea for a way to make millions of the net without resorting to marketing penis pills in a mass spam campaign. [​IMG]

10. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

where do you see MAC?

11. maxterpiece thread starter macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

in the FAQ i quoted on the top it says "Do you have anything for Mac?
    Yes we do! We offer the leading music and movie downloads for the Mac. The number of programs created for Macs is less than PC's, however, we offer the best programs for the MAC available."

12. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

13. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

here's a humorous addition to the story...i did a google search of their fax number and found that they've got a couple of different scam sites using different storefronts:
    <http://www.imusicsearch.com>
    <http://www.allcoolmusic.com>

i guess it's an example of split-screen marketing?