www.NotAnotherForum.com

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by edesignuk, Mar 28, 2004.

1. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

As we all know, there are many, many, many forums out there on the web. So I thought it was time for a forum called "Not Another Forum" :D
    To my amazement the domain wasn't taken, so I snapped it up a couple of days ago, and have since been customizing vBulletin 3 to my liking for the new forums.
    The "skin" is completely custom, and has taken quite a bit of work. But I'm really quite pleased with it.
    vBulletin 3 is an incredible piece of work, so many options, it's quite over whelming :eek:

It's not a tech site in anyway, more of a general community. Just a place to go and talk with anyone about anything really. :)

There will probably be various bugs that need to be ironed out, but these will only come to light when I get people posting and trying to do differrent things.

So anyway, pop over, take a look, and register :D

2. Doraemon macrumors 6502

Cool name!

However, I really don't like the skin (no offense). I think it's too dark and the blue looks like a Windows interface.

I think that a lighter color scheme would be better. Especially if you want a general non-tech community. Your skin looks something like a mixture of tech and Sci-Fi.

Good luck! :)

3. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Doraemon, thanks for your feedback. However I really don't see what you're seeing.
    I don't think the blue looks Windows like at all. Maybe if I had Windows icons all over the shop, but as it is I really don't think "Windows" when looking at it.
    Do others see it as looking like Windows? I'd be interested to know.
    As for it looking techie/sci-fi, I have to say I don't see that either (again, maybe it's just me).

But anyway, thanks for you input :)

4. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

Hmmm...

I can see how it looks "Windows-esque." The blue gradient bars are reminicient of the Windows XP taskbar. The black and grey for other colors would give the site the "sci-fi, techie" look, as well as the blocky type for the reply buttons, etc.

Looks pretty cool to me though :D Nice job!

5. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Hmmm...I guess. But just because the bars are blue does not make it look windows to me. If I had green hills in the background, then yes, absolutely. But I think the dark colours counteract any sign of windows.

Again, thanks for looking!

6. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

The blackness definately makes it quite un-windows. Good luck on the community!

7. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

8. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I registered. I'm PeteTheSock. I havent received my confirmation email, yet. Im sure I will, though. Im a fan of the skin. Looks cool to me!

9. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I see you already Capt Underpants! And that you have now activated your account. Nice to have you as a member, spread the word! :D

10. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Gee, a forum for people with pale skin - no.tan.other.forum.com. :p

Seriously, I hope you have fun running your forum, edesignuk (Supreme Being).

Are you going to throw in a privacy policy page?

11. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

A privacy what now? :p

hehe, seriously, I wouldn't know what to put in it! :eek: Any suggestions? :D

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Do what everyone does - copy one from another site. For example, you could use the MacRumors one. Some people actually read those things before signing up for a forum. And it probably protects you too, since you've reported how it works so nobody can complain later that they didn't know about it.

Unless, of course, you're going to sell people's e-mail addresses to spammers and make a hefty profit! :eek:

13. edesignuk thread starter Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

What a good idea :D

http://www.notanotherforum.com/privacy.htm