Wycombe Draw With Chelsea

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by ®îçhå®?, Jan 10, 2007.

1. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Sorry couldn't resist :D Big Wycombe fan here and that is one of the best results in the Wanderer's history ever. Fantastic.

And Chelsea's bad run continues

2. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

ha ha another leg to go in this game, but still great result for you and one to remember. does Ozzy Osbourne still live down the road?

3. Queso macrumors G4

That Jermaine Easter eh? Must have been a great club you got him from :)

4. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Yes he does!! He literally lives 1/2 mile away from me on the very edge of Jordans. Where abouts are you??

And Stockport.. bah :p I dont think that he will be here for much longer though. He has impressed so i think he will do a Nathan Tyson and go to a bigger club which will be a shame

5. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

We've been watching the game this evening. A great result for the Chairboys, we were really hoping they could find an equaliser. It's the mark of a truly great side that they can battle back to claim a draw against Premiership opposition in January cup competition. ;)

And if we're talking about bad performances, ®îçhå®?... how about Liverpool's League Cup tussle with Arsenal? :D

6. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

i live in pinner but work in your area quite a lot. get to meet all the stars including our cilla in denham!

as a coincidence i have a lot of family in Bramhall SK7 but they all support City :(

7. Queso macrumors G4

Citeh? Have your relatives killed.

That's a joke BTW. Don't actually murder them.

8. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

After having Wycombe knocking out fulham (my team), its good to have some consolation!

9. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Myself I am looking forward to Barnsleys rematch with southend in the Cup.

10. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I wish Barnsley luck in their endeavours. :)

*cough* you're going down with the Leeds *cough* :D

11. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

Now we have half of Man U in our squad (read Adam Eckersley) losing is no longer an option we will have to let QPR take the relegation spot in our place.

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

We thought that when we acquired the services of former Manchester United trainee Mark Lynch to bolster our defence. It didn't work out well, I'm afraid, and Mr Lynch was free-transferred to Yeovil. :eek:

There's a valuable lesson to be learnt in there somewhere, I think. Don't ask me what it is though.

Anyway, back on topic – I was amused to see Jose getting a strop on during his post match interview on ITV's highlight show a couple of minutes ago. He didn't take kindly to being asked about why Ballack isn't performing and insinuated people were picking on him because he's German. :D

13. BBC B 32k macrumors 6502

I have the pleasure of being partners with a Blue Blooded Chelsea fan so by 9am tomorrow he will be wound up like a spring! Ahhh the little things that matter.

Yes Jose seems to be a sore looser - but a great showman. He has certinally given The Sun some collumn inches.

14. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

My dad is a Chelsea fan, my brother supports Liverpool – you can imagine how much fun the last couple of days have been. :D

15. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Only problem with this 'bad run' of Chelski I have, as a Man United fan, is that its a while before we play them, would love to play them 2mora.

Oh well.

16. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Big day tomorrow. Im not quite sure whether Chelsea losing to Liverpool is a good thing or not. It proves that they can be beaten (although still not at home) but then it might give them a drive to beat Wycombe as that is their best chance or winning a trophy.

17. Queso macrumors G4

Even bigger day Saturday from my point of view. If we can get three points off you and win next Tuesday when you're not playing, we'll go above you in the league :)

18. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

E-I-E-I-E-I-O up the football league we go...

Did you go Posh on Saturday? T'was fantastic :D

Times are good at EP.

19. Queso macrumors G4

No mate. Cash is tight at present :(

However, how fantastic was that result? I just wish the County commentary hadn't gone Windows DRM. It's killing me not being able to even listen to the games when we're playing so well. Instead I just sit glued to Sky Sports News. The presenters on there no longer mention the word "strugglers" in the same sentence as County, which is incredible in itself. There's actually respect coming our way for a change.

I did have a feeling we were playing Posh at exactly the right time. Next week the players will all be trying to impress Ferguson, so we got them just at that moral low point.

Wycombe aren't playing that well in the League right now, and EP is back to being Fortress Edgeley. I reckon we're in with a serious chance for all three points there, then if we can take Wrexham on Tuesday (should be easy enough) we'll go above Wycombe on goal difference.

6th place with 16 games to go would be fantastic. We'd still have a long way to catch up on the leaders if we can maintain it and catch an automatic spot, but even if we just manage to finish in the top seven I'll be a happy man. This is virtually a completely new squad that Jimbo has built in only six months. Given a full season, it's up to League 1 for certain :)

20. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

You've done the double over Grimsby this season – you get the thumbs up from me. ;)

21. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Mr. Mourinho is not happy with a lot of people not performing. However, unlike Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger, trying to keep the punters onside by having a running public battle with his players and the board through the media is only making things worse.

Not that I blame him, all things considering... having backroom staff and players you don't want foisted upon you by the chairman and board, and it also really all kicked off with that interview with Roman Abramovich in the Guardian a few weeks back. Abramovich has also publicly stated that he doesn't feel appreciated enough by the fans. This isn't a good sign.

Not the way to run a football club, regardless of how much money you have. People used to chide Abramovich by saying he'd lose interest, but the opposite is true; it's becoming obvious he's tinkering and that too much micro-management is going on...

22. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

The way that we are playing it is more than likely that we wont win. My prediction is a draw. It is like what happened in our FA Cup run to the semis. We concentrated on that and narrowly missed relegation although this time we re narrowly missing promotion. Last season we should have got promoted if it was not for Steve Gorman's breakdown. Poor guy. He did well for the club.
    If only MArtin O'Neil came back :rolleyes:

23. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

We always do the double over Grimsby. We're their bogey team :D

Saturday will be a very tight game, imo. We don't seem to be conceding many of late, and our form at home is outstanding. So I'm gonna invoke my County bias and say 1-0 County. Which means it'll be 5-2 Wycombe :rolleyes: .

Apparently Easters off to City or Blackburn. Their scouts will be at Edgeley Park on Saturday, so he'll be playing out of his skin for you. Someone mentioned a figure around £800,000. County, being County, had the good business sense not to include a sell on clause, of course :rolleyes: .

Saturday was an indication of how far we've come. We always used to lose at Peterborough (and it was always freezing cold). Not only did we win, but we won convincingly - it should've been 6/7 (but it was still freezing cold). There wasn't a single player who didn't play well. In fact, at the moment, there isn't a player in our first team who I'd want to replace (minus the uncertain 'keeper situation). Given that only three players in the first team aren't signed up to beyond the end of this season, Jim has built a strong and stable team for the future too.

Promotion would be a bonus to me (a big bonus, though). The best thing about this season is that we've stopped the rot which looked like it wasn't going to be rid of until we were languishing the in the Conference. Now, if we can buy back EP from Cheshire Sports and keep the club Trust run I'll be happy.

And yes, Windows DRM on the County World is very annoying. I'm trying to get my money back. :mad:

24. ®îçhå®? thread starter macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Tha is the same with Nathan Tyson. Him and Easter playing against Chelsea would be soo good but, he had to leave :mad:

25. evoluzione macrumors 68010

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    love to see a result for Wycombe...my dad used to live around there somewhere...Longbottom Lane i think it was.