X-box 360 -wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Rasheem, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Rasheem macrumors regular

alright so i bought my 360 almost exactly a year ago.Its fun but after playing my friends wii it just aint that great anymore. When i got my 360 i got the bestbuy 2year extended warranty. now lets say my xbox 360 was "broken" and i took it to best buy would it be possible to use that store replacement credit to get a wii and a game instead of a new 360?

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Wouldn't it be better to ask at the store not here?

Personally I wouldn't get rid of my 360. Sure I own a Wii but the lack of good games currently is enough reason to hold on to a 360 imho.

3. ericsthename macrumors regular

...make sure its not just the "newness" factor jumping at you.

I've got a 360 and I'm just waiting for wii's to be available. By that time, it'll be a better purchase.

4. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

5. pcypert macrumors 6502

From everyone's reviews it sounds like the only really vialble games are Zelda and Wii Sports at the moment. Everything else is a little off...I'd hold out. Plus it's crappy to try and stick a store with product while you try and cheat out into a new system...it costs them when you do that kind of thing...even if they are a big company...pretty shady behavior even if it was doable.

Paul

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Very risky business. You could always try heating the 360 up? Just push it to break itself?

I was quite surprised when I traded in my Black and White DS Lites for minor problems, they didn't even turn the machines on! A quick look to see if everything was in the box and bam, assistant goes off to get me a new DS Lite.

7. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

Bestbuy's warranties are repair for upto 3 times and then it goes into lemon replacement. If at anytime during those 3 times that a replacement is cheaper than repair costs that route will be taken. If and when you get your replacement the remainder of your warranty will be transferred to your new unit. You will need a very forginving store manager, lead tech, and also stir up a hornet's nest at corporate and the store's ditrict manager to get store credit. I am not saying its impossible but you have a large task and it might be easier and cheaper to just buy one when you have the chance and sell your 360 to finance your wii(EBgames/Gamestop). Your warranty will not cover malicious intent keep that in mind.

8. guifa macrumors 6502

Actually Trauma Center is extremely good, although it does seem to be a niche title. Most people I know of who have tried it get engrossed very quickly. Rayman is a great drinking game, and Elebits is good for the single player, multiplayer is a little too confusing (not in how to work it, but things are just flying everywhere and it gets f-in' crazy)

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

That seems to be the way with most of the Wii lineup. You have devout lovers and haters of Red Steel, Trauma Centre and Excite Truck. Everyone seems to like Rayman but I can't stand it!

10. guifa macrumors 6502

Rayman is only frustrating in how f***ing impossible it makes it to get the full 1000 points on some of the levels in score mode. By impossible I mean that you don't do the level as they intended, you just have to go by luck which only gives you a 1/64 chance to get it and even then isn't guaranteed (getting the pig to its mom comes to mind). The shooting game and such is very fun to play with my cousin (he's 16, I'm 21). I didn't realise there were any hates of Trauma Center, I always got the impression if it was one's type of game, it was awesome, if not, it's like an RPG to a FPS fan, just not their type of game.

11. pcypert macrumors 6502

Haven't played Trauma Center, but just thinking if a guy is bored with the XBox 360 switching to a system with maybe four really good games out might not the smartest move at the moment. Plus, I'm still amazed suggestions like this are even allowed....I'm not a fan of Best Buy at all but that's fraud plain and simple.

Paul

12. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

lol all hail the power of the wii, its a freaking phenomenon

13. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No you have those that will tolerate it and accept it faults and all and those that hate it. Love is way too strong a word.

No one has posted they love it, and if they do you can guarantee its under heavy medication. :D

15. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

I have both an Xbox 360 and a Wii. I love them both, but in different ways. I wouldn't ever give up either of them.
    My buddy and his girlfriend came over the other night and played Wii Sports with me and my lady. We got right pissed, laughed our asses off and had fun with it for a good five hours! We got mostly hooked on the golf.
    This would have never been possible with the 360. The wii is a very socail machine and that's why it's awesome. But when I want to buckle down and play something like Rainbow Six Vegas, then that's where the 360 is solid gold.

16. islandman macrumors 6502

I'd keep your 360 if I were you. And get a Wii.

17. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

If I had to have only one, it would be the Wii...but lucky for me I won't(currently it makes more because if I want to keep up with Wii/DS games, I can't go buy a xBox 360, however in due time that will change, looking back it would have made sense to buy a 360 before the Wii)

But with you situation I'd keep the 360 and buy a Wii, because I'd want to play GoW and Halo3 and it make more sense to buy a Wii(250) then buying a Xbox 360(400)