X-Men - The Last Stand

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Shaun.P, May 24, 2006.

1. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

Hey there,

Just back from seeing an advanced preview of X-Men - The Last Stand. I am not an X-Men fan, and have seen the other two films, but it was a while ago. There is a strong cast - Patrick Stewart SPOILER: Who dies halfway through the film, Kelsey Grammer, etc etc.

I don't get the whole X-Men story, but here is a spoiler of what happens to Sir Ian McKellan's character. He gets SPOILER :cured during the film, however at the end you see him playing chess and one of the pieces move slightly, and the film ends, indicating that their mutant powers can be regained after being cured. It leaves the door wide open for an X-Men 4.

Special effects are excellent, although I can't remember what happened in the previous two films and I'm not into the whole X-Men thing so I didn't understand a lot of the stuff.

I would recommend renting X-Men 1 & 2 before going to see this film, which I would recommend.

Last week, I started a thread about the Da Vinci Code, which I saw 2 days before its worldwide release and I suggested definetely reading the book before going to see the film - even then I wouldn't recommend it. I would only see the Da Vinci Code to say that you have saw it and not be left out of the loop.

The showing of X-Men was at 11pm tonight, before this I arranged people from my work (I work in a cinema part time) to go for a drink and we went and saw 'Waiting...' which I thought was a tiny bit better than 'OK'. Although 6 people got up and left...!

I am going to see Mission Impossible : 3 tomorrow - I can offer my insight on this film also.

If you have any questions about X-Men 3 or the Da Vinci code, don't hesitate to ask.

2. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

I'm seeing this Sunday- I can't wait. My dad loved x-men comics as a kid, and I guess he passed it on to my brother and me (we have video games, old cartoon x-men movies, etc). I LOVED 1 and 2 and I was nervous that the director was changing, Ian McKellan is one of my favorite actors. :) And thank you for "whiting out" the spoiler

3. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

Who else dies, and who gets cured? Please answer in white again so if people don't want to know they don't have too...:D

4. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

SPOILER!: Jean comes alive again gets to class 5 (the most powerful mutant ever. She kills Patrick Stewarts character and her boyfriend who wears the glasses. She dies also later in the film. The girl who kills people by simply touching them (the one who has bobby as a boyfriend gets cured so they can touch each other.

5. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

6. Shaun.P thread starter macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Just post the whole movie.....i dont care.

Bless

8. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Just got back from watching the 12:01 AM showing! I liked it a lot, especially the alternative ending after the credits ;) :D :eek:

Jean Grey pwns all

Looking forward to this :cool:

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

This movie was nice i must admit.....I loved jean in this movie...Angel sucked in this movie.

Bless

10. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

11. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

12. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Did anyone stay for after the credits?

Where you could hear Patrick Stewarts voice talking to a nurse call Moira?

Which according to IMDB means he transferred his mind into that dude with no brain seen in the film during ethics class.

13. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Yeah I read about that on digg a week or so ago. I also watched it again tonight with some other friends. Both times I kept everyone until after the credits :)

So is this just a tease? Or are they really going to do X4 some time in the future?

14. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

15. erickkoch macrumors 6502a

Damn!!!! I just got back from the movie. There was an alternate ending? That'll teach me a lesson about leaving during the credits. Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD to see it. :(

16. kainjow Moderator emeritus

kainjow

Did you guys catch Stan Lee in X3? If not, I won't tell where he was :) if you watch it a second time, you will see him.

17. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

I don't know if there will be an x4 BUT at the same time I don't think the brand is dead. I don't know if I could do a whole wolverine movie ... but I could definitely do a whole magneto movie.

18. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

I don't know, the movie was pretty good (for a non-fan) but Halle Berry is worth the ticket price!!! :D

19. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I saw it with a bunch of people last night...not bad. And we didn't wait tiill the credits were over. :mad:

20. takao macrumors 68040

takao

well i laughed through parts which were meant serious... i mean "psycho kinetical cocoon" ? i bursted out at that
    some of the plot twists were simply too ridiculous (i don't know any comics besides the movies)

special effects are top but i found they used some characters too little and they could have done it much better

imho the second one was much better

21. saunders45 macrumors 6502a

saunders45

I saw it last night with a friend who read comics. Myself, I only watched the saturday morning cartoon when I was younger. My verdict is a "meh." My freind was too fond either. He said that they were basically pulling crap out of their anus when they wrote the story. On the other hand, Colossus did get to lay the smackdown, and that was great.

22. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Damn I didn't wait til after the credits. Oh well, the movie was good though. I think I likes it best outta of the 3.

23. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I just saw it today, didn't wait for the end of the credits.

I didn't think it was nearly as good as the second movie. What was the "class" crap about? Stupid.

24. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, not bad. It's probably the weaker movie in the trilogy though. Really wish I'd seen the alternative ending. :eek:

25. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

I love that Blue woman. I never can remember her name. I get distracted.