Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
B

Bunnyman4

Onizuka said:
This movie SUCKED.

The acting wasn't bad, the jokes weren't bad, the directing wasn't bad... IT was the story line.

Now, I realize that they can't possibly follow the comic books exactly, but the first two movies followed the books quite nicely. But to off so many characters in one way or another, pisses me off.

And Gambit. WTF is Gambit? They mention his name briefly in the second film, and that's IT?!

WTF mate?

Well they probably didn’t have the
THX.gif
to present the film!;)

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
I was extremely disappointed in this movie. I thought the first two movies blew this installment out of the water. Like another person posted...where was Gambit? I would have easily sacraficed Angel, "Manman", Porcupine boy for just a shot of Gambit. I really thought Gambit would appear when Bobby "iceman" was getting his flirt on with Miss-Run-Through-Walls....Gambit would catch Rogue on the rebound ;) Hopefully Superman will pick up X3s slack.

Zman5225

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2005
Tacoma WA
I thought it was a decent flick, well worth the popcorn price. Not sure i'll buy it on DVD or anything. They sure did leave it open for a 4th though, but I thought I read or heard that Hugh Jackman or whatever the guys name is that plays wolverine only signed on for 3 and said he wouldn't do another. Then again, Halle said she wouldn't do part 3 either, then she realized no one wanted her for any other movie so she might as well have :)

Z

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
$107M in the US this weekend, shattering a record for a Memorial Day weekend opening that was previously held by The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997, $72M).

Gambit was supposed to have a cameo in this film, but the actor who was to play him (Josh Holloway, Sawyer of Lost) was concerned that Gambit looked and behaved a bit too much like Sawyer, so he dropped out.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
Zman5225 said:
Then again, Halle said she wouldn't do part 3 either, then she realized no one wanted her for any other movie so she might as well have :)

Z

Actually I had read that halle wasn't quite happy with the portrayl of storm in the first two, she was really passive and did not come off as powerful. She had a lot more offensive pop in this movie and just a more domineering presence when she was on screen. So when they added a new director, he promised to tweak the role and she jumped back in.

I've also read they're considering spinoffs on characters like wolverine and magneto.

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
I heard Gambit wasn't in the movies because he was too similar to Wolverine with his aggressive behavior. Kind of makes sense. But who knows.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
christ i may not see this movie just cause gambit isn't in it.

Someone in hollywood really needs to learn how to do comic book movies.

a JLU movie or two, a good X-men movie. Batman: Hush, Watchmen, and of course Identity Crisis.

But i guess i may never see those good movies. -_-

and of course a Teen Titans movie

BearRanger

macrumors member
May 23, 2005
Deep in the Woods
eva01 said:
christ i may not see this movie just cause gambit isn't in it.

Someone in hollywood really needs to learn how to do comic book movies.

a JLU movie or two, a good X-men movie. Batman: Hush, Watchmen, and of course Identity Crisis.

But i guess i may never see those good movies. -_-

and of course a Teen Titans movie

Those are all cool comics (and TV shows) but with the exception of Batman and JLU there aren't many iconic characters. The new Superman movie probably means no JLU. Comic movies have to have characters that are recognized in the mainstream in order to be really successful. In my opinion that leaves one solo character movie that MUST be made:

Wonder Woman

If I were making it I'd cast Aishwarya Rai as the lead.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
I guess I was the only one to read about this movie during production, but they decided to leave gambit out pretty early on

MarkCollette

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2003
Toronto, Canada
2nyRiggz said:
It's a woman.....i've seen her in other movies:rolleyes: ....make fun of prince all you want but do know he gets more arse than u have ever seen ...male and female:)

Bless

I'm willing to get less woman ass if it means getting no man ass too ;)

Question for anyone who saw this in theatres: I'll probably buy the DVD, but I'm wondering if I should see it in theatre too? Is there any impressive imagery that benefits from the large screen?

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Kwyjibo said:
I guess I was the only one to read about this movie during production, but they decided to leave gambit out pretty early on
Not the only one. :D If I remember right, their reasoning was that the effects for certain characters made adding others difficult. I know that Gambit was considered and dropped from X2 in favor of Nightcrawler, and I think for this one it was the cost of Beast. I may be remembering that incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure that was the official jusiticiation.

longeatonram1

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2006
Can someone please write up in full what happens after the credits? put in white letters please,want to know what happened but i missed it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.