X-Plane V8, PC/MAC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by beige matchbox, Jun 15, 2005.

1. beige matchbox macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

Been looking at X-Plane today, and noticed on amazon (UK) it doesn't list apple under Platform.

On the X-Plane site it says, "All purchases include the Macintosh (OS-9, OS-X) AND Windows (95, 98, 2000, ME, XP) versions of X-Plane!", however thats if you order directly, question is, is the Amazon page just a typo? or are their really 2 editions of the software?

Links:
    x-plane.com
    Amazom v8 product page

2. Lz0 macrumors regular

All on same disc

I think you'll find if you purchase X-Plane 8 it will have an install for each platform on the same disk.

3. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

There is only one Install DVD for both platforms ( I have it )

So have fun ;)

4. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Even if your copy somehow doesn't have the Mac installer, you can download the most recent full version from their website. (The demo is a time-limited full version which is unlocked by inserting the X-Plane DVD).

5. beige matchbox thread starter macrumors 6502a

beige matchbox

6. heaven macrumors 6502a

heaven

np,

Get that game if you like flight simulators, it's good. ;)

7. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

For you X-Plane fans, I just had an interview with X-Plane creator Austin Meyer. It's largely a transcript of an extended talk I had with him on his cell phone... geez this guy is smart and talks fast! He also goes off on XCode and Codewarrior regarding the upcoming Intel switch, and talks about FAA-certification of X-Plane. Anyways enjoy:

X-Plane Interview

8. belvdr macrumors 601

I wish I could get the Windows/Linux versions on one DVD. Has anyone tried the Linux version yet?

9. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I've read it, also tnx to Insidemacgames.com, as it has a link to your site. Very interesting! :cool:

BTW... a MUST read for all Mac-gamers.

Macologist is a must-bookmark for all Mac-gamers!

10. madroadbiker macrumors newbie

madroadbiker

Can't run v8 beta on my computer

I downloaded x-plane 8.20 demo and it won't run. I have a 2.7GHz dual processor G5 with a gig of ram and a ATI Radeon X850 XT graphics card. 8.17 won't run either. When I launch it, the screen comes up and I can hear engine noises, radio chatter, etc. but the keyboard and joystick are dead. All I can do is move the mouse around. Can't access any setup screens or anything. The only thing I can do is power down and restart my computer to get out of it. I have even been in contact with "austin meyer" <austin@x-plane.com> and he hasn't been able to help yet. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? I really want to buy this game but am hessitant if the demo won't even run. Thanks for any help.