Discussion in 'Games' started by yippy, Sep 19, 2004.

1. yippy macrumors 68020

Mar 14, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I think I am going to buy X-Plane, but I have a few questions. I know my computer should have no problem with it.

1. I can get it now for $25, or wait a few months for the new one to be released and get it for $50. What do you think?

2. Does anyone know some decent but preferable cheaper ($50 or less maybe :confused: ) joysticks to use with this game.

2. Ninja_Turtle macrumors 6502

Apr 28, 2004
    Fullerton, California

i would suggest you get the game right now with ur 25$ and play and by the next release of Xplane youll have money and youve beaten the game, also...joysticks for mac? ionno...gamepads, probably MacAlly
  3. micvog macrumors 6502

Sep 10, 2003
    Regarding joysticks, for under $50 the Saitek Cyborg Evo Joystick ($32 at Amazon) is probably the best choice; another popular alternative is the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick ($26 at Amazon) but it has a reputation for the POTS going bad. I have the Saitek with X-Plane and it works flawlessly. My only complaint would be the ergononics are second rate (I preferred the ergonomics of the Logitech but decided against it due to the POTS issue).

I would also recommend you get v7 to see if you like it. Coming from FS2K4, I hate X-Plane more and more each time I use it. For me, it was a waste of $80 (for the joystick and the software).

4. link92 macrumors 6502

Aug 15, 2004
    Umm... How do you beat X-Plane... I can't work this one out...