Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
RealNetworks today shipped the final version of RealOne Player for Mac OS X. The software features TurboPlay, which gives broadband users "near-instant playback of RealVideo and RealAudio by dramatically reducing the time it takes to load or 'buffer' a clip prior to playback." The latest version of RealOne Player also gives Mac users direct radio tuner access to the over 1700 radio stations, and offers support for RealOne SuperPass and RealOne RadioPass subscription services. http://www.real.com/realone/mac/index.html

if only it wasnt such a pain getting a free player.....

taeclee99

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2002
Anywhere but here
Thank You very much. I went through great pains to find the free player on the real site. And I had a REAL hard time. I gave up looking when I could not find the download. Now I don't have to boot into os9 for real compatibility.

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
If Real wasn't actually a front for the lollipop guild - and they got a new marketing department - I wouldn't think they were bllow me...

:cool:

KVH

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2002
Wi
real one

Too bad that anytime I open a "Real" file/stream or whatever, Quicktime launches also. Happened after one of the betas expired. And I re-installed Real One.

Megaquad

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2001
i have some beta of real player X and I use it to watch series that I have in rm format..
blaah why to download final version when this is all I need

medea

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Originally posted by Megaquad
i have some beta of real player X and I use it to watch series that I have in rm format..
blaah why to download final version when this is all I need
because the betas all will expire.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.