X06 News

Discussion in 'Games' started by harveypooka, Sep 27, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I actually (slap me) want the xBox 360. The intergration between 360 and PC seems like a really neat idea and it something Microsoft can deliver. But what! BioShock! Not the for the PS3! What?! I'm shocked. Man, that game is highly anticipated and for MS to wangle that one, well, that's great news for them! Ooo! And a Halo RTS, which could be really ace!

"Halo Wars" is an all-new real-time strategy game based on the legendary "Halo" universe and designed exclusively for Xbox 360 by Ensemble Studios, creators of the "Age of Empires" franchise."

"2K Games confirmed that "BioShock," a revolution in the genre that will forever change the expectations for first-person shooters, will be released exclusively on Xbox 360 and Microsoft® Windows next spring."

Yikes!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/x06/x06-news-shocker-summary-203653.php

2. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I wanted one for a while now...I just have to wait because my new imac ate up my budget

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Now that's more like it. Classic Amiga games coming to the 360. A huge desire increase for the 360 in my books. Still needs a web browser (everyone else is doing it?).

Though, $200/£129 for the HD-DVD player? £50 buys you a Wii. a full 360 kit would now be (though not needed for everyone) would be £399. ~£30 short of the PS3. Could have been cheaper.

A 360 only Halo RTS? Bye bye. Am I the only person to not enjoy a console RTS game? Give me the mouse please.

4. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

HD DVD or BluRay were never a deciding factor however making it optional is a nice bonus. I'll just wait to see who wins and then get whichever format pans out. Until then its DVDs for me because they look fine to me

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    No, you're not. And to expand on the Halo franchise anyway is a bad idea. aside from the multiplayer aspect, Halo sucks.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Peter Jackson sure likes Halo...making a movie and plus teaming up his wingnut company with bungie to make a game or some sorts....

I wonder if they would allow me to make a popular game....I would like to direct ICO...and the oscar goes to 2ny...HA!..I can dream.

Bless

7. Tommyg117 macrumors 6502a

Tommyg117

looks like my 360 purchase is finally paying off! I'm gonna go download Doom from the XBLMP.

8. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't rate PJ as a director. The only bit I liked from LOTR was the Third One where some evil creature came out of the gates of Mordor. I loved King Kong at the cinema, saw it on DVD and it lost pretty much all of it's charm. Considering I was sitting there for three and a half hours with mates, it was a bit gutting.

Wii and 360 Forever!

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I liked Brain-Dead, Heavenly Creatures etc.. But its "The Frighteners" which is one of my favourite films ever.

I thought King Kong was ok, but why only spend 3 seconds in New York, it would have been more entertaining to spend half the time in the Jungle and half the time rampaging and tearing up the city. I thought it was dissapointing. (even though it looked nice)

10. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

^I thought KK and LOtR trilogy was his best...besides the pretty picture was the emotions and writting that made the films so big. King Kong was awesome although some scences could of been deleted but Im glad he didn't spend too much time in New York and focus on the home of kong....better emotional background for kong and his love.

Back on topic now:)

Bless

11. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Out of curosity, once they add a web browser what will be your next excuse to not get a 360? ;)

:p

12. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

*checks* Ridiculous price is still there. ah well. Even with what it has now as soon as the premium version is down to the Core price and is bundled with a Wifi adapter (like everyone else too) then I'll get one.

13. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

JIMMI have you heard the latest.

You'll have to get a 360 now... BANJO KAZOOIE IS BACK!!!!

The two N64 games were totally amazing with Banjo Tooie up there next to Mario 64 as one of the finest platformers ever. Shame it came too late and most people never even got to play it...

This is the best news ever... Along with Viva Pinata I'm totally excited about this...

14. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Ive been waiting for a new Banjo game for years, this is Great news!

I hate Ms for bringing out black 360's though, they have totally cost me £280.

15. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

The 'exclusives' announced make me wonder just HOW exclusive they are. There should write an industry law that states companies must write TIME LIMITED-exclusive or just exclusive. Unless the game is made by Sony/MS/Nintendo (or a studio they own) I won't take it seriously anymore.

16. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I didn't like Banjo Kazooie :p almost as much as I didn't like Majora's Mask.

17. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

sacrilege ! :eek: :D

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I know! Everyone at school raved about it. Whilst they were doing that I was very much pleased with Jet Force Gemini... now if that came to the 360...

19. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

20. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Not real sure where you've obtained such information, but Halo was originally inteded as an FPS for Mac before Bungie was aqcuired by MS.

21. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

hey Oni, on your avatar is that a chick with a gun or a blowdryer or what? the picture is a lil too small to know for sure (with my crappy eyes anyway) just always kinda wondered

22. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

23. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

You got that all wrong Oni. ;)

Originally concieved to be on a nintendo "game and watch" back in 1984. ;) :D Unfortunelty the 2 animation frames proved troublesome when it comes to delivering a compelling story. :D

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oh you're too late, it was actually featured in the first model T Ford. "you can have any colour you like so long as it's Halo"

25. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

I'm not real sure where you've obtained your information... Halo was definitely originally an RTS, I've even seen a small video clip back years ago.

Check up on bungie.net as greatdevourer mentioned, it's right there in the history. :)