Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Is there a way to run windows .exe files from KDE within X11? Is there anyting open source. I know there is no way to do it in OS X with out virtual PC. Thanks for any help.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
trainguy77 said:
Is there a way to run windows .exe files from KDE within X11? Is there anyting open source. I know there is no way to do it in OS X with out virtual PC. Thanks for any help.
Why don't you look for MacOS X solutions? Far and away, your best solution is Virtual PC. You may also try Bochs, which may or may not work with the G5. On general principle, I do not recommend OpenOSX™ Wintel. It is an implementation of opensource Bochs with G4/G5 acceleration and a price tag.

Jalexster

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2004
Wine won't run on PPC, only x86. You could try Darwine though, a PPC port of Wine, that is designed for OS X.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
Jalexster said:
Wine won't run on PPC, only x86. You could try Darwine though, a PPC port of Wine, that is designed for OS X.
Darwine is still very much in the developmental stages. It uses QEMU as the x86 emulator engine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.