x1900 xt question TV-out

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by williedigital, Nov 20, 2006.

1. williedigital macrumors 6502

Oct 4, 2005
    I have a question for those familiar with the x1900 xt in the mac-pro. Is it possible to use the S-Video in addition to doing screen spanning with two monitors? I have two 20" ACDs that I want to hook up the two DVI ports in spanned mode, and then a TV I want to hook up via s-video for movies, etc. Can you do all this at once? What's the interface like? Does the Tv just show up as a third monitor in display preferences? Thanks in advance.
  2. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Jan 18, 2005
    Alta Loma, CA
    The X1900XT from Apple doesn't have S-Video out. Sorry :(
  3. ammon macrumors regular

Sep 24, 2005
    I would beg to differ....

I have an old DVI to RCA/S-Video adapter from my G5. I tested the s-video and it works fine! I also heard somewhere that it would not work, but it does.

I haven't tried the composite out, but I'm sure it will work too.
  4. techster85 macrumors regular

Oct 17, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    What is there to beg to differ? the X1900XT does not have s-video, so if he wants to have the s-video and the dual DVI he will have to look somewhere else.
  5. Willis macrumors 68020

Apr 23, 2006
    What feels like the middle of nowhere
    Its a bit hard when the X1900 XT has no S-Video out.

You should know this!
  6. ammon macrumors regular

Sep 24, 2005
    The X1900XT only had 2 DVI ports. However, my old G5 DVI to s-video adapter works just fine.

I have my 20" LCD monitor hooked up to one DVI port and the other DVI port outputting s-video through the adapter.

You would not be able to hook up both monitors AND the s-video out at the same time, but you can do ONE monitor and ONE s-video.
  7. orangezorki macrumors 6502a

Aug 30, 2006
    Yes, it should work fine with the DVI-S-video adapter as this is mentioned in the manual for my upgrade version of the card.