Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

williedigital

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 4, 2005
I have a question for those familiar with the x1900 xt in the mac-pro. Is it possible to use the S-Video in addition to doing screen spanning with two monitors? I have two 20" ACDs that I want to hook up the two DVI ports in spanned mode, and then a TV I want to hook up via s-video for movies, etc. Can you do all this at once? What's the interface like? Does the Tv just show up as a third monitor in display preferences? Thanks in advance.

ammon

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2005
Colorado
I would beg to differ....

I have an old DVI to RCA/S-Video adapter from my G5. I tested the s-video and it works fine! I also heard somewhere that it would not work, but it does.

I haven't tried the composite out, but I'm sure it will work too.

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX

I have an old DVI to RCA/S-Video adapter from my G5. I tested the s-video and it works fine! I also heard somewhere that it would not work, but it does.

What is there to beg to differ? the X1900XT does not have s-video, so if he wants to have the s-video and the dual DVI he will have to look somewhere else.

Willis

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2006
Beds, UK

Its a bit hard when the X1900 XT has no S-Video out.

You should know this!

ammon

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2005
Colorado
The X1900XT only had 2 DVI ports. However, my old G5 DVI to s-video adapter works just fine.

I have my 20" LCD monitor hooked up to one DVI port and the other DVI port outputting s-video through the adapter.

You would not be able to hook up both monitors AND the s-video out at the same time, but you can do ONE monitor and ONE s-video.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Yes, it should work fine with the DVI-S-video adapter as this is mentioned in the manual for my upgrade version of the card.

David.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.