Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I'mAMac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
In a Mac box
If the x1950's ship with the copmuters that are shipping out soon, will Apple change the x1900xt option to the x1950 for good or will it only be a surprise for the people who ordered it first?

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2006
Basically, I'm going to play ignorant that the price has gone down, hope for an X1950 XTX, and if not either automatically billed less or given an X1950 XTX, be part of the collective lawsuit against Apple.

kered22

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Torrance, CA
Mr. Mister said:
Basically, I'm going to play ignorant that the price has gone down, hope for an X1950 XTX, and if not either automatically billed less or given an X1950 XTX, be part of the collective lawsuit against Apple.
No need to be optimistic. :D

I'mAMac, if they do end up doing that, they'll just send out an email to everyone who has the X1900 option. Giving you the choice of either keeping the 1900 or getting the 1950 (either for free or for a small fee, hopefully free though). I just hope the caveat of the 1950 (again if it's going to become an option) won't be a further month of waiting. LOL

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
My phone call with apple just now....

Me: Hello, I was wondering if the recent price drop in the X1900XT video card, implies that there will be an upgrade to it soon.

Dumb Bitch: I beg your pardon?

Me: In my Mac Pro, there is a X1900XT video card. Today it's price was dropped by $100, and my order has been reduced in price accordingly. I was wondering if this means that the cards will be shipping out soon, or if they'll have a better card at the $350 price point.

Dumb Bitch: It says it will ship on or before September 26th.

Me: Yeah I know, that's my orders estimated ship date, but in general, do you know when those cards are gonna be available? No one who's ordered that card from you has had it ship yet.

Dumb Bitch: If theres gonna be an upgrade or a downgrade to the card, then we don't know about it. There is no plan to change the quality of the video card.

Me: Do you know when apple will have them available finally?

Me: Okay. Thank you. Bye.

Trippy Jr

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
:rolleyes:

She's not a dumb bitch. She's doing her job. First off, she's a sales/after-sales tech, she's not going to know whether or not they're upgrading. And even if she did, she wouldn't tell you, since it would damage their business.

Calm down. Christ, it's just a video card. It's a 1950, it's not that much of a step up. You'd be better off waiting for the next generation.

This is really quite a silly thing to be rolling out "class lawsuit" over.

EvilMonk

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
Montreal, Canada
macgeek2005 said:
My phone call with apple just now....

Me: Hello, I was wondering if the recent price drop in the X1900XT video card, implies that there will be an upgrade to it soon.

Dumb Bitch: I beg your pardon?

Me: In my Mac Pro, there is a X1900XT video card. Today it's price was dropped by $100, and my order has been reduced in price accordingly. I was wondering if this means that the cards will be shipping out soon, or if they'll have a better card at the $350 price point.

Me: Yeah I know, that's my orders estimated ship date, but in general, do you know when those cards are gonna be available? No one who's ordered that card from you has had it ship yet.

Dumb Bitch: If theres gonna be an upgrade or a downgrade to the card, then we don't know about it. There is no plan to change the quality of the video card.

Me: Do you know when apple will have them available finally?

Me: Okay. Thank you. Bye.
Dont be a Dumb Bitch yourself and dont talk about other people like that dude. I know its frustrating but these persons might know nothing more than you since they are apple phone representative with most of the time a small salary. They dont tell these person about the special surprise that could wait you if youre patient enough.
Again dude dont talk about them like that, i dont think you would like to know that someone talk about you like that.
Have a nice day:)

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
EvilMonk said:
Dont be a Dumb Bitch yourself and dont talk about other people like that dude. I know its frustrating but these persons might know nothing more than you since they are apple phone representative with most of the time a small salary. They dont tell these person about the special surprise that could wait you if youre patient enough.
Again dude dont talk about them like that, i dont think you would like to know that someone talk about you like that.
Have a nice day:)

I wouldn't mind. It's just their opinion.

Trippy Jr

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2006
macgeek2005 said:

Grow up. Seriously.

Perhaps one day you might realize that showing mutual respect in business situations tends to result in both parties coming away happy.

I can't expect you to see this just because I see it, but maybe one day when you get poor service because someone has a negative opinion of you, you'll see then.

This is just a computer, and you're acting like a child.

Mr. Mister

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2006
Trippy Jr said:
:rolleyes:
This is really quite a silly thing to be rolling out "class lawsuit" over.
I personally don't care all that much, I'm just greatful that those $100 didn't get "lost in the shuffle" for those of us who have limited budgets and could be put towards RAM.

macgeek2005 said:
About the sales reps, it's a (false) opinion. About you, well, just try to be a little bit more respectful for people working telesupport. I bet the job sucks.

Apparently you don't understand how tech support works. Apple hires an agency to do this; the people on tech support are likely not Mac users, Apple employees, or trained any further than to be able to change things in Apple's order database or run down a tree of tech support options. They are essentially the mouthpieces for Apple's support schematics; don't blame them.

And lastly, they don't know anything about what's happening inside the doors of Apple's hardware division. Asking them is like asking the guy at the movie store who's going to be the Master Chief in the Halo movie and then getting pissed at them when they don't know.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.