X2 The Threat available

Discussion in 'Games' started by iriejedi, May 31, 2005.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Finally a game that looks good on paper is ready to play.

June 17th in stores and available now for download. Personally I love this genra of games - I hope it is halfway decent.

Just an FYI in case anyone else is interested

www.insidemacgames.com

for links

2. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

3. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I don't think this is available via download. You have to buy it in-store. Reviews for the PC version were good but not overwhelming.

4. shortyman macrumors member

shortyman

It is available for download from the Virtual Programming website, the link is here

Its quite a nice concept to be able to download a game legally, and very convenient!

:)

5. MrCommunistGen macrumors regular

MrCommunistGen

I've played this game on PC and I found it pretty fun. Never got too far though because I could only play it at a friend's house. Sorta reminded me of the Escape Velocity series from Ambrosia... except in full 3D. The amount of freedom you have and the size and complexity of the universe was astounding. Also, the space scene rendering was gorgeous. Unfortunately the game also renders people and planetscapes, and it is clear that it was not designed for this. Also, interesting if unoriginal story.

-mcg

P.S. Will post a more thorough synopsis if anyone is interested... I guess you could Google it too though ;)

6. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Finally, I now know what kind of system requirements are required. Looks like I will just barely be-able to play the game. Now if only they would release the demo soon. I kept checking all through May waiting for the download and then Freeverse changes the wait time to June. I was so disappointed, but it does mean that I can study for finals and not have a new distraction at the ready ;)

7. IscariotJ macrumors 6502a

I have this game on a PC, and it rocks. If any of you played Elite ( showing my age, now ), it's like that, but much expanded. Hopefully, it'll play like the PC version.

J

8. lexfuzo macrumors 6502

X2?

Ooops, I thought you were talking about the new Athlon which is a real threat to the G5... :rolleyes:

nevermind,
    l.

9. J M Floyd macrumors newbie

Response from Virtual Programming re: X2 specs

Hello all,

I sent an email to Virtual Programming regarding X2's minumim specs. Here is what they had to say.

My message

"I took a look at your minimum specs for the game on your webpage. You say that it requires a 1.25 gHz G4 processor. Unfortunately, I have a 1gHz G4 processor, with 512 RAM and 64 bit Radeon 9000 video card. If I were to purchase X2, would the game run on my system slowly, slow and unplayable, or not at all? Is the 1.25 gHz minimum requirement a recommended level, or is it a hard rule that the game will not run on slower processors."

Their reply from 28 May

"It would certainly run, but you may have to reduce graphical options and resolution.
    We will release a demo next week so you can download and judge for yourself."

10. MrCommunistGen macrumors regular

MrCommunistGen

Names these days are so misleading... Think intel HT (HyperThreading) and AMD HT (HyperTransport)... meh

Yay!... now all I need is a computer thats fast enough to run it... :eek:

-mcg