X2: The Threat- Can Someone Gimme a Personal Review

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Dec 15, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hi all,
    I was considering getting X2 for the ibook in my sig because I really MISSSSS freelancer for windows and it looks more or less the same. Can someone gimme a review or point me towards a mac review.
    Basically all I want is some opinions on the game and if anyone can compare it to freelancer it would be great. Also how would it run on my ibook?

2. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I played it and I didn't like it at all. It had good graphics, but it became boring, as it had all this complexity for nothing. If you want a good space shooter, try Freespace 2, which has been upgraded into FS2_Open. It won't let you down.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=152172

3. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Hmm, Ill look into it, is there an installer yet?
    Any more opinions on X2?

4. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Well I just tried the game and it looks great but there are so many controls and buttons that it makes it overly complicated! Also navigating is a bitch, they took the whole 4D movement WAYYYYYY too seriously! Why cant they port freelancer!!! Best game ever in my opinion!!! Please someone, tell me a game like freelancer(not EV:N)

5. mishi macrumors regular

mishi

X2...very very good game

i personally thought this is once of the best space games out there. it runs rings arround freelancer. if your after a "space shooter" then X2 prolly isnt the best one...but if you can understand how the game is sopposed to work rather than just shooting everything you see, its SO MUCH BETTER than freelancer. it involves not only controling your own ship, but an entire fleet and running your own space empire..i would have played this game for a vey very long time if it diddnt run like CRAP on my mac. yes its complicated, yes it takes a long time to get into. comparing this game to freelancer is like comparing red faction (freelancer) to halflife 2 (X2).
    the only space game that i say can compare with X2 is (being an MMO nut) EVE online. sadly this is not a mac game.

p,s: i love red faction, but it gets boring very very quicky

amen