X360 is not Next-gen ? I think not

Discussion in 'Games' started by Symtex, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Symtex macrumors 6502a

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Everything is really shiny? I've noticed that on a lot of Xbox 360 games. It's either too shiny or plastic coated.

Other than that, they're screenshots. It's a racing game. How much different is 3 compared to 1 & 2? I mean the gameplay.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Cars are easy to look realistic. hell the GT games impress me. now, if something can render a sunset over the Pennines then i'd be impressed. :)

4. Vader macrumors 65816

Vader

Do you have to drive in that view all the time?

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

No, there are a number of different camera views you can toggle through. And you can swivel the camera while you're driving using the right thumbstick.

PGR3 and CoD2 are in close competition for my favorite 360 game so far...

6. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

...Besides the cars doesnt look that great to me.

7. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

Open you eyes. The car model are the best ever. It put GT4 to shame. Each car has 80k polygones. I have GT4 at home and the car model doesn't compare.

8. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

yes but the images look blurry and pixilated
    edit: Pixilated is wrong I think its just blurry

9. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

It was taken with a digital camera. It's not even a direct capture. Of course it's going to be blurry. Do yourself a favor, go to Best Buy, take the X360 controller at the kiosk and pop-up the PGR3 trailer. You are going to understand what i'm saying.

10. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Its total rubbish when people say 360 isnt next gen, i saw it in store today and it is very much next gen, the graphics are outstanding and that is saying something, as if you ask me the xbox still looks pretty damn good, games like Halo 2 and Doom 3 look unbelievable for a machine from 2001,

Shadow

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

so to be next gen then it has to have good graphics? in that case my desktop PC has been next gen for over a year now :p

Next gen to me means good graphics (bottom of the list, im a gameplay whore), new controller features, medium can store more than previous gen medium.

12. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Looks pretty impressive to me...but my idea of gaming is sudoku.

13. Symtex thread starter macrumors 6502a

You have to try the little game called Hexic HD. Made by the guys who created Tetris. Went to bed way to late to play that game.

14. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

Camera shots of console games always look like shiat to me, regardless of how they look in person. So, meh.

Besides, the truth about the graphics power of this (or any of the other consoles) won't be known until later in its lifetime. That's how its always been.

15. RobHague macrumors 6502

Well, seems pretty impressive to me. Though i didnt really doubt that the X360 didnt have much graphical Oooomph.

We'll see how it goes... I think i might wait for the PS3 and REV to arrive and then pick a console. :)

16. iGav macrumors G3

the first pic looks good, and the in car from the McLaren looks amazing... :eek: the others though... look... look like computer games.

17. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

As I've been saying; most of the 360 launch titles are PC/current gen ports (Call of Duty 2, King Kong) or games that started development on GameCube or XBox (Kameo, Perfect Dark). That's why it doesn't look so good. Games that were ground-up designed for 360 are the ones that will look next gen. Like PGR3.

18. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

if the 360 aint next gen...then its doing a great job pretending to be one....have u guys seen COD2?.....point blank for a early cycle game its wonderful....imagine whats to come....

Bless

19. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I have PGR3 and can attest to the above screeenshots falling well short of what one can expect to see on even a mid-level 23" HDTV. One of the most outstanding things to me about the tracks is the variety of detail which is crammed into every stretch or turn of every street in every city. Of course this is tastefully done, for there are several stretches with more sparsely distributed architecture, such as those of the Nuerbuergring.

PGR3 has some next-gen gameplay features, but my time spent here addressing unfounded arguments would be better spent actually playing the games.

I just returned the $29 foldup chair which I bought at the sporting goods store next to the Best Buy where I camped out monday night, and applied that money to the purchased of Condemned, which is about to be ripped open the minute after I hit "post".

20. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

you will enjoy that game....it great. make sure use the signs....you will really feel it when u smack the crazy people with it.

Bless

21. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

http://www.macdesktops.com/index.phtml?Picture=1680&res=TRUE

Does anyone know what kind of Caddy that is? My guess is a Cien ;)

I didn't like PGR (oversteer in a F/F Mini? riiight :rolleyes: ), and I didn't even try 2. I'm waiting for Forza 2 :D Man, I still love that game.

23. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

sry didnt know thought it was just an ingame didnt know it was with a camera.

24. noelister macrumors 6502

Yeah, I find myself playing that game more than I thought:)

25. maya macrumors 68040

maya

None of the demos in store can even do the X360 justice as it would shine in HD, and I am not sure a store like Best Buy or even WalMart would have this demo on an HDTV set for consumers to try out before buying. I could be wrong though. 1080i, HDMI and widescreen crazy. ;) :)

Some of these issue might hinder the post-processing of the game to look cheesy. :)