Xanga Wii Ads

Discussion in 'Games' started by gloss, Nov 14, 2006.

1. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I just noticed this while doing my daily Xanga trawl.

Every comment on a post includes a little Wii icon which links to the following page: http://www.xanga.com/wii

Hrm.

2. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Wii ads are all over youtube as well. I'm not sure what people are talking about saying Nintendo isn't marketing it. I've seen far more Wii ads than I have PS3 ads.

3. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I was paying off my Wii preorder in GameStop today when a couple came in with a daughter. They had seen the Red Steel commercial on TV and the wife decided she wanted to buy a Wii and was trying to convince the husband.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Funny, I've seen more Wii ads than PS3 ads.

But seriously. I've seen more Wii ads than 360 ads. Which is funny, the 360 has it's final Christmas here as the "power console". I'd really be pushing that if I were them. The DS Lite doesn't need advertising :D really.

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

6. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

I really like that. It's cute.

Shows gameplay and interaction and just a little overdone Japanese awareness (which, you know, is a good thing). I liked the bowing Wii logo.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Ah, it's good. Comparatively speaking it's better than the 360 ones. They were just too cryptic to understand (now the original Xbox on the other hand...). It shows the product, it shows people playing it and enjoying themselves. shows the potential to the audience and what the system stands for. 3/5?

8. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

9. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

I like the willingness to acknowledge the origins of the console, rather than trying to make it seem completely Western. It's clever and a pleasant change from the usual in-your-face advertising that consoles seem to get these days.

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yes and yes. I found the initial Gamecube adverts to be over the top and pitiful. An X-Wing flying through some office? nah. Show me the ****ing console, show what it does, show people playing it.
    Be funny for someone to spoof a Wii advert with a 360 starring in it. Instead of moving the 360 player just sits there with his motion-less controller and fans keeping the room cool. Not to forget the landlord banging on the door demanding extra for the electricity bill but the player can't hear him; 5.1 on full blast.

11. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

There are more ads, a total of 4 and a culmination video posted on Nintendo's offical US Wii site, good quality, too :)

Enjoy.