Xbench results on iMac?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Wano, Feb 7, 2003.

1. Wano macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone with the new iMac 1ghz could post their xbench results. Thanks!

2. the_ron macrumors newbie

xbench score

I got an overall score of 86.58. The results are at http://ladd.dyndns.org/xbench/merge.xhtml?doc1=12460. I only have 256 megs of ram but I plan on getting another 512 soon. All I can say is that it's a big improvement over my old rev. a bondi.

3. Funkatation macrumors regular

hopefully I will get mine soon. I had a friend test one at an apple store, it gets around 86 and change... the 1ghz powermac (single) gets about 100. Looks like L3 cache helps quite a bit...

4. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Actually it's more likely that the faster hard drive and faster vCard are what made the biggest differences. The larger L3 cache rarely adds up to more then a few points.

5. gotohamish macrumors 65816

gotohamish

I assume vCard is the video card? Isn't it a bit silly to abbreviate it to something which is also the layout standard of Address Book.app?

It's only going to confuse people!

H

6. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Haha hadn't noticed that. Actually VCard or vCard has been around for decades long before the format was used or thought of for address books. I guess I will have to start using Video Card.