Xbox <3 iPod

Discussion in 'Games' started by wyatt23, Jan 11, 2007.

1. wyatt23 macrumors 6502a

Mar 7, 2006
    Forest Hills, NY
    ok. i got a program called connect360, so i could stream my itunes library to my xbox for some sweet microsoft/apple love...

i was checking out the dashboard to do it, and i saw USB portable devices. me being the curious fellow i am, i got my ipod and usb connector, and connected it to my xbox 360's usb port. instantly it recognized Wyatt's Ipod, and whammy i'm playing music off of my ipod, on my xbox with some sweet hdtv visualizations!

has microsoft officially announced this feature. becuase after my lasted update, my xbox outputs in 1080p as well.

it's nice to see some xbox/ipod love going on.
  2. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    I'm sure iPod has been there a while, but it won't play protected songs (boo, my fave tracks were downloaded through iTunes).
  3. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

Jul 10, 2006
    Yeah it was infact quoted to do that before release. I had an iPod Dock and Cable waiting for it when I came home from camping out on release night. To bad I crashed when I got there from exhaustion and damn near hypothermia. HOwever once hooked up it worked awesome. However I do say I have connect360 and that is hot to. Left the Ipod dock for visiting ipods. :D

4. thegreatunknown macrumors regular

Jan 12, 2006
    this feature was highly advertised when the 360 came out. The last time I tried it though you were limited to a certain number of songs.
  5. NeoMac macrumors regular

Feb 10, 2006
    Yeah, it doesn't play any of the songs I have purchased from iTunes but it still rocks. On a side note I plugged my iPod to my PS3 and the PS3 copied alll the music files off my iPod, which I thought was cool too. The PS3 also does not play the protected songs.
  6. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Jul 12, 2004
    Haha sweet, I know I'll be trying that some point tonight.
  7. nicque macrumors regular

Aug 1, 2006
    i downloaded something off the marketplace that allowed me to play alot of my songs but im not sure about itunes ones but i think you could.
  8. MRU macrumors demi-god

Aug 23, 2005
    There's a AAC patch you can download from the marketplace that allows it :)

Nicque got their before me :)
  9. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    I just got Connect360 tonight, and have been playing with it. Definitely worth the $20! It's nice to not have to plug in my iPod to get better music when I'm playing Geometry Wars.

Photos from my Canon 5D look so much better coming from iPhoto into the 360 than they do coming straight form the camera.

I assume it's the component connection versus the camera's regular old RCA.