XBox 360 Achievements

Discussion in 'Games' started by SilentPanda, Mar 22, 2006.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Just got a 360 on Monday (cry). So much money for it but... it's good.

Thus far I have Oblivion, Kameo, Condemned, and DOA4. I'm working on getting some achievements here and there. My question is this though...

Is there anyway to completely remove a game from your achievements list? I downloaded some XBox Live Arcade demo game where you are like... a caveman and hop around and collect bugs and swing with your tongue or something like that... didn't care for it so I got rid of it but it still shows up as a played gamed with 0 achievements. It's not a huge deal I guess but I'd rather not have it sit there forever with 0 achievements just because it'll bug me... :)

Anyhow... good system... I like what they've done. My gamertag is in the link in my sig. I might get "The Outfit" at some point as I thought the demo was pretty good but I should probably focus on the 4 games I already have... :)

2. bense27 macrumors regular

You have to pick up Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter, Burnout Revenge, Call of Duty and Perfect Dark Zero. Those are my favorites anyway.:cool:

3. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I already have the last 2 Burnout games for the XBox so I'll probably hold off on that. I have Call of Duty 2 for the PC. Perfect Dark Zero is a "possible" but I never played Perfect Dark so I'm not drawn to it. G.R.A.W is also a possible but although I'm a Tom Clancy games fan, Ghost Recon has always been my least favorite. I might at some point but for now, the 4 games I have suit me well... otherwise I'll get game overdose and not get very far in any of them!

4. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

i got 360 on monday as well... but only one game
    for me GRAW... i read that dynasty warriors 5 will
    be on 360 at the end of the month, that will most
    definately be my second game...

do you have to have live gold to play those demos and
    stuff? ive never been into online gaming so the membership
    fee is not something im taking lightly, but it seems to
    get the most out of my investment they make live seem
    like the be all and end all...

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Panda, I have the same issue with Wik. Played the demo, thought it sucked, but there it sits on my list of games for all to see.

I believe that if you call Xbox Tech Support, they can remove it from your list of games.

6. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That seems not worth it... hrmph. Maybe I will send some e-mails stating that a feature to remove an entire game from your games played list should be available. Sometimes you just don't want to admit you played 20 hours of Barbie Horse Adventures and only got to level 2. :)

7. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

[​IMG]

8. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

No, the free "Silver" live account will let you access the Marketplace to get demos/trailers and live arcade games.

9. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

g30ffr3y

sweet... i will get that set up promptly and upload my
    wonderful GRAW achievement of finishing the training
    mission in less than 12 hours... i am terrible...

perhaps i will "warm up" to the idea of paying to play
    against people i dont know... and getting my a$$ kicked.

10. Haoshiro macrumors 68000

Haoshiro

Just a friendly notice, the Xbox Live system seems to be a bit flaky for registering new accounts.

When I tried to register my "gamertag" it said it was taken and I could try to recover it, trying this option told me the gamertag didn't exist... so did it or didn't it!?

Calling MS, who were very nice and helpful, finally concluded that the problem was on their end. Their records said there was no such gamertag used, and even modifying it with numbers still gave the message "gamertag already taken" even when it wasn't...

They had me try again later in the evening but the same problem occured so I kept trying things until it decided to let me... *shrugs*

Anyway, if you have that problem just know it's confirmed as *their* problem...

11. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Yeah, they need to in the next update give the option to remove games from the achievement list, at the very least just arcade demo games. I have tried a bunch and my list of games is very long, with a bunch of zeros next to them.