XBox 360 and Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DaveWonders, Sep 12, 2006.

1. DaveWonders macrumors regular

So should I give up looking for a way to stream videos from my Mac to my HDTV via my 360? I know of Connect360 but music & pics are not enough to make me spend $20. If there's no option with the 360, what kind of cables would I need to hook up an iMac G5 rev. C directly to a TV (with HDMI and component)?

2. EHUnlucky7x9@ao macrumors 6502

Either wait for iTV to come out in January.... or

get the VGA adapter for your iMac.... hack your firmware to unblock the extended mode on your iMac model....buy an S-video or composite cable and connect that to an HDMI cable using a adapter from composite to HDMI.

3. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I read somewhere that a future version of connect360 would allow video, but who's to say for sure. I'd love to be able to stream video. I didn't have xm media center edition so I couldn't do it when I had xp either. But I did use the custom soundtrack quite a bit.

I'm anxious to try connect360 myself. I just found out about it last week, but unfortunately I had to send my xbox in for repair/replacement after the 3 red lights issue. Suppose to get it back friday