XBOX 360 at CostCo

Discussion in 'Games' started by iriejedi, Mar 30, 2006.

1. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

iriejedi

Our Costco has a whole slew of 360s with a great deal

$489
    extra wireless controler, PRG3 and I think another perk or two.

Bundled Premium system.

I was shocked to see them there, but if anyone does not want to trust an EBAY buy... try your local Costco

2. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I saw it too at my local costco, a huge crate of them. It also comes with the play and charge kit, for one controller. It's not a bad deal and Costco has excellent returning policies.

3. KafkaWasRight macrumors newbie

The whole shortage should be ending very soon. The first of the big shipments is arriving now. In a few days it won't be hard to find the systems everywhere.
    It would be great if I could find a bundle with Oblivion, but I'm guessing that won't happen anytime soon...

4. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Wow, that is an excellent price.

My local Best Buy had a huge endcap of 360s here in Utah, so if we have them I suspect we can offiically call the 360 shortage over. :D

5. bitfactory macrumors 6502

bitfactory

what is their return policy? i'm still waiting on the 'coffin' from Microsoft - should I have just returned/exchanged at Costco?

6. shortyjj macrumors regular

Does anybody know what exactly the bundles include? I'm trying to spend as little as possible, but it sounds like if you have an HDTV, you automatically have to upgrade to at least the premium package anyway.

7. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Even if you don't have a HDTV, the premium package is still the better deal. The hard drive alone is worth $99, not to mention the HD A/V pack, wireless controller, Gold Live...etc.

In my experience the only people who bought the Core system were those that couldn't find a premium...

8. shortyjj macrumors regular

Can you not save games without the hard drive? I *never* used my Xbox for anything other than that.

Also, it looks like the premium comes with silver, and just a one-month gold tryout... ?

9. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

Without the drive you'll need a memory unit for any saves. They're what, $25? Might as well get the premium with the hard drive and wireless!

Correct, you get a 1 month trial of Gold w/ the premium.

10. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

Actually, the memory card is $40. Also, a headset ($20) is included in the Premium package.

11. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

A local Wal-Mart had 2 each of the core and premium...I had to double look at it because of their former rarity.