XBOX 360 ate my Viva Pinata?!?

Discussion in 'Games' started by gadgetgirl85, Dec 23, 2006.

1. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

My Viva Pinata is dead. The CD is unreadable and won't play. The funny thing is there are scratch marks like a run around the hole of the CD. I have played this game A LOT is it possible that my xbox is faulty and 'ate' my Viva Pinata?

2. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

It sounds like someone moved the console while it was on, scratching the disc.

3. happy.buddha macrumors member

happy.buddha

Agreed, if it were some other problem your other games would suffer the same problem.

4. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Well I managed to fix it (hopefully!) gave it a really good buff with a cloth thats meant for a mobile phone screen. Seemed to get the scratches off and it works again. (But I never moved it when it was on) I'm not leaving my games in my 360 anymore

5. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

Yeah, even a little bump or floor vibrations can cause it to scratch. I'm happy to hear that its been fixed.:)

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Damn Viccles and I know how much you like that game. :eek:

My Call of Duty 2 disc did somthing similar, eventually the inner circle started to crack and send a bubling onto the disc surface. It was never knocked or tilted, it just happened.

Activision replaced my disc. I guess anything that is manufactured like these can suffer faults.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

My girlfriend lost FFVII in her PS2 in a similar way. PS1 and Cube never did anything like that to me, probably because of the large leeway the disc has.

8. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

360: "Oop. She's having too much fun. Get the blowtorch."

9. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

Something similar happened with PS2s... I just don't hope MS is using cheap drives in the 360... after all dvd drives are the least inexpensive thing.

10. happy.buddha macrumors member

happy.buddha

I think you just solved the problem, you should never leave games inside of the 360 (or any other tray loading games system), the small vibrations that we make every day move the disks around and scratches them.

11. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Yes please don't do that....I know thats the only game you jam. Do not leave your game in the machine when it is not on...things can happen to the disk when it spins back up as you experienced.:)

Bless

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

oo I'm always doing that too. maybe thats what happened to my cod2. I shall remove discs in future.

13. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Like is an understatement. Obsessed is more like it :eek: But thanks everyone :D Im not leaving any games in my 360 anymore I'll have to not be lazy and put them away in their case after

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

By the way Happy Xams Viccles, you've hit christmas day before us :)

15. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Haha thanks MRU it is very early (5:34am) on Xmas morning here. I had planned to go for a walk but it hasn't happened yet :D I will though later.

16. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Its the only game I see you play viccles...if you lost that then we might never see you on live again:)

Bless

17. gadgetgirl85 thread starter macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I will get to playing Gears of War and NBA 2K7 again :eek: