1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Xbox 360 Audio?

Discussion in 'Games' started by LastLine, May 24, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

Hey, just bought myself an xbox 360 with a VGA connection cable to connect to my PC monitor and it looks fantastic.

Problem comes that I can't connect the audio (red/white) cable up to it. Not even using just one of the jacks.

Anyone got any suggestions? Happy to buy a cheapish set of seperate speakers if needs be.

2. macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Do you mean you're attempting to connect the audio cables to your monitor? Does it have built in speakers? If so, then it probably has a minijack input. You can buy a cheap female rca (red/white) to male minijack adapter from radioshack, and that should work. If you end up buying a pair of cheap speakers, you'll probably need this adapter anyway.

3. MRU
    Demi-God

MRU

But that adapter comes with the official cable?

Does your monitor have speakers? If not where do you think sound comes from?

You will ahve to buy a set of speakers, dont crap out and buy really cheap ones. Youve got a state of the art console, connected to a monitor for HD display.. it's worth investing in a nice set of speakers and the 360 sounds best connected to a set of 5.1 surround.

4. macrumors 65816

So they do make these adapters? Do you know the 'proper' name for them? I'll poke around online :)

EDIT: I'll probably need to order from http://www.maplin.co.uk/ if anyone can point me at the item on there ;)

5. MRU
    Demi-God

MRU

N85AN

Product Code in Maplin. :)

6. macrumors 65816

Thanks. I've no idea on how the 360 works :pImpulse purchase ;)

7. MRU
    Demi-God

MRU

That TV advert was correct

'Men cant stop acting on impulse.'

:D :D :D

8. macrumors 65816

Bit of both, had a rollocking off my lecturer today and it had me really depressed, so either comfort shopping or impulse.

Meh, anyway I just ordered one of those adaptors so I'll be happy soon - I'll settle for my 14" TV for now :(