xbox 360 availability

Discussion in 'Games' started by jelloshotsrule, Dec 27, 2005.

1. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    so my mom was going to get my brother an xbox 360 for christmas, but of course they aren't available at all. so my question is, what's the latest on when we can expect to be able to get one? and i don't mean by waiting outside of best buy at 1 am to get one of 10 vouchers for their latest shipment... basically: are there any stores that are taking preorders for the basic platinum system (ie, not a system + 5 games + other accessories)? and/or when can one expect to be able to hit up a store and buy one with relative ease?

i'm not super involved in gaming rumors, etc so any help would be cool. thanks!
  2. masterapple04 macrumors regular

May 26, 2004
    Massachusetts, USA

They do a pretty good job of tracking major shipments, and have links to other sites that do the same. That's how I got mine.
  3. nimbus macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2004
    I read that Xbox 360's will be shipping weekly, so you are in luck. But I don't know if it will be easier to buy it at a store or online...
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  4. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I was reading on that link for a bit and saw some stores are taking pre-orders for Halo 3. All I know is that i am not pre-ordering from EBgames again, they were horrible, we had to wait in line for 2 hours, while the FYE next store had tons and no line, but EBgames had my pre payment. Even though I really want a 360 now, I am going to wait until Halo 3, maybe a little before to make sure i have a system as there might be another buying spree.
  5. iriejedi macrumors 6502a

Oct 4, 2000
    Nor Cal
    Game Stop (spot)

My friend just got his from Game Spot (Stop) - apparently they are taking preorders/making a list.... you could try them.
  6. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Oct 16, 2004
    Peoria/Chicago, IL
    The one by me is pre ordered until March.
  7. MacNut macrumors Core

Jan 4, 2002
    On average at my store we get about 8-15 every 2 weeks, but you have to buy a $600 bundle with 4 games.
  8. happy.buddha macrumors member

Jul 18, 2005
    New Hampshire
    May want to sign up for a notification service like, I signed up for the free service and even though it is delayed 30 minutes I've seen that of the dozen notifications I receive a week that about 8 of them will have systems for 5-20 minutes after I receive the notification. Most of them are for bundles but you do get a few for the system by itself. Hope this helps. :D
  9. nimbus macrumors regular

Nov 19, 2004
    Why that's preposterous. Seems they are taking advantage of people now...
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: